Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in AlaskaSurgical Technology is a rapidly growing field in Alaska and becoming certified will also make you more competitive compared to uncertified candidates when applying for Surgical Technician positions. Certification as a Surgical Technician shows employers that you have graduated from an accredited program, possess the knowledge necessary to pass the certification exam, and are serious about pursuing a successful career as a Surgical Technician. Types of certification available are: Certified Surgical Technician (CST), Tech in Surgery-Certified (TS-C), and The Certified Operating Room and Surgical Technician (CORST). In addition to being more competitive, certified Surgical Technicians generally have higher salaries on average than uncertified Surgical Technicians.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in AlaskaAlthough salaries can vary by city and type of industry, the average Surgical Technician salary for the state of Alaska is $63,370 [Range: $42,470 – $102,500], which is higher than the national average ($41,459). The average salary for uncertified Surgical Technicians, however, is $50,000, which also varies by city and the type of industry you are working in. Overall, investing in your future is important and investing a little more of your time to become certified will definitely pay off in the end.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Health Informatics
- MS in Nursing - Informatics
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Alaska
|Charter College: B.S. in Healthcare Administration (Online)||2221 East Northern Lights Blvd.|
Anchorage, AK 99508