Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in AlaskaSurgical Technology is a rapidly growing field in Alaska and becoming certified will also make you more competitive compared to uncertified candidates when applying for Surgical Technician positions. Certification as a Surgical Technician shows employers that you have graduated from an accredited program, possess the knowledge necessary to pass the certification exam, and are serious about pursuing a successful career as a Surgical Technician. Types of certification available are: Certified Surgical Technician (CST), Tech in Surgery-Certified (TS-C), and The Certified Operating Room and Surgical Technician (CORST). In addition to being more competitive, certified Surgical Technicians generally have higher salaries on average than uncertified Surgical Technicians.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in AlaskaAlthough salaries can vary by city and type of industry, the average Surgical Technician salary for the state of Alaska is $63,370 [Range: $42,470 – $102,500], which is higher than the national average ($41,459). The average salary for uncertified Surgical Technicians, however, is $50,000, which also varies by city and the type of industry you are working in. Overall, investing in your future is important and investing a little more of your time to become certified will definitely pay off in the end.
Matching School Ads
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Alaska
|Charter College: B.S. in Healthcare Administration (Online)||2221 East Northern Lights Blvd.|
Anchorage, AK 99508