Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ArkansasIf you want to get your career as a surgical tech off on the right foot, it is important that you find the right accredited school in Arkansas. The first thing you can do is to talk to any surgical techs you know who are currently working. Find out where they went to school and if they liked it. You should also ask for recommendations on other schools that might be good for you. Another thing you can do is simply look on the Internet for surgical tech schools in Arkansas. You will not only find great information, but also will find reviews on schools from former and present students. This will give you a unique view of the school before you go. Finally, reach out to any doctor's offices, clinics or hospitals that hire surgical techs. Find out if they have a favorite school or programs where they like to hire from.
How to Get Certified in ArkansasThough the state of Arkansas does not require that surgical technicians are certified, many students choose to become certified as they know they can get higher pay rates and have a better chance of finding employment. In order to become certified, students need to finish classes in an accredited school and take the exam through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ArkansasAccording to the US Department of Labor, surgical techs in Arkansas make an average salary of $37,000 per year.
Matching School Ads
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Master of Public Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Management
- B.S. in Health Care Administration
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- And more...
Surgical Technician Campuses in Arkansas
|Arkansas State University-Newport - Newport, AR||7648 Victory Blvd|
Newport , AR - 72112
|Baptist Health Schools Little Rock - Little Rock, AR||11900 Colonel Glenn Road, #1000|
Little Rock , AR - 72210
|North Arkansas College - Harrison, AR||1515 Pioneer Drive|
Harrison , AR - 72601
|Northwest Technical Institute - Springdale, AR||709 South Old Missouri Road|
PO Box 2000
Springdale , AR - 72765
|South Arkansas Community College - El Dorado, AR||300 South West Avenue|
El Dorado , AR - 71730
|Southeast Arkansas College - Pine Bluff, AR||1900 Hazel St |
Pine Bluff , AR - 71603
|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences-Little Rock - Little Rock, AR||2200 Fort Roots Drive|
North Little Rock , AR - 72114
|University of Arkansas Fort Smith - Ft Smith, AR||5210 Grand Avenue|
PO Box 3649
Fort Smith , AR - 72913