Surgical Technician Schools in AtlantaIf you live in Atlanta and are serious about pursuing a career in the field of surgical technology, you should know that getting a great education must be an integral component of your game plan. To get started, you need to find schools that offer the type of detail-oriented programs, degrees, and training that will prepare you to excel within this field. To learn more about how to access a school that will offer you the type of informative classes that will prepare you for certification and a meaningful career, read the brief guide found below.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Atlanta
Your first step towards becoming a surgical technician is to obtain a great education. To do so, you’ll need to locate several schools in Atlanta and subsequently decide which one will be most appropriate for you to attend. You can start this process by entering a keyphrase like “Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Atlanta” in the search engine. Once you do this, you’ll be exposed to several SERPs that provide you with a list of schools in your area. Research each of these schools to determine which one is most comparable to your budget, career goals, and time constraints.
How to Get Certified in Atlanta
In order to work as a surgical technician in the city of Atlanta, you need to follow a certification process. The first step in the process will be to obtain an associate’s degree. After you have completed this foundational step, move forward by becoming a certified respiratory therapist (CRT). To do so, complete the exam administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). The NBRC features an online practice exam that will provide you with a basic understanding of how to prepare for the actual test. Finally, you’ll need to obtain state licensure. Make sure you look up the specific requirements for the state of Georgia. In some states, aspiring surgical technicians must obtain certification as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Atlanta
A surgical technician can expect to bring in $80,000 annually. However, it’s important to note that there are a plethora of factors that can alter how much one earns in the city. For example, some employers may pay more or less, meaning that who you opt to work for can dramatically impact your annual income. Other factors that can affect annual income include your level of education and number of certifications.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding (Diploma)
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
Surgical Technician Campuses in Atlanta
|Atlanta Technical College||1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW, Atlanta, GA 30310||atlantatech.edu|
|Everest College-Marietta - Marietta, GA||1600 Terrell Mill Road|
Marietta , GA - 30067
|Gwinnett Technical College - Lawrenceville, GA||5150 Sugarloaf Parkway |
Lawrenceville , GA - 30043