Surgical Technician Schools in CharlotteIf you are interested in a career in the medical field but are unsure about amassing debt from attending several years of school, you may want to considering becoming a surgical tech. This important member of the healthcare team assists surgeons during procedures. This role is generally well-paid, and growth in this field is projected to increase substantially over the next 10 years. Read on to learn what it takes to become a surgical technician.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in CharlotteTo be eligible for licensure, surgical technology schools must be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP). The organization maintains a searchable database of accredited programs by type of program and state. You can access it online at http://www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/.
How to Get Certified in CharlotteIn all states, surgical technicians must be licensed by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. To be eligible for certification, you must first graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited surgical technician program. The next step is to pass a certification exam. After you’ve passed the exam, you can apply for a license to practice as a surgical tech directly through the state of North Carolina.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in CharlotteOn a national level, surgical technicians make an average annual salary of $44,920, or $21.36 per hour according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In North Carolina, surgical technicians earn slightly less than the national average, averaging approximately $39,340-41,320 per year. Technicians in metropolitan areas such as Jacksonville tend to earn more than those in rural areas.
Matching School Ads
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
Surgical Technician Campuses in Charlotte
|Carolinas College of Health Sciences - Charlotte, NC||PO Box 32861|
1200 Blythe Boulevard
Charlotte , NC - 28232-2861
|Central Piedmont Community College - Charlotte, NC||PO Box 35009|
Charlotte , NC - 28235