Surgical Technician Schools in CharlotteIf you are interested in a career in the medical field but are unsure about amassing debt from attending several years of school, you may want to considering becoming a surgical tech. This important member of the healthcare team assists surgeons during procedures. This role is generally well-paid, and growth in this field is projected to increase substantially over the next 10 years. Read on to learn what it takes to become a surgical technician.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in CharlotteTo be eligible for licensure, surgical technology schools must be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP). The organization maintains a searchable database of accredited programs by type of program and state. You can access it online at http://www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/.
How to Get Certified in CharlotteIn all states, surgical technicians must be licensed by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. To be eligible for certification, you must first graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited surgical technician program. The next step is to pass a certification exam. After you’ve passed the exam, you can apply for a license to practice as a surgical tech directly through the state of North Carolina.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in CharlotteOn a national level, surgical technicians make an average annual salary of $44,920, or $21.36 per hour according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In North Carolina, surgical technicians earn slightly less than the national average, averaging approximately $39,340-41,320 per year. Technicians in metropolitan areas such as Jacksonville tend to earn more than those in rural areas.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Charlotte
|Carolinas College of Health Sciences - Charlotte, NC||PO Box 32861|
1200 Blythe Boulevard
Charlotte , NC - 28232-2861
|Central Piedmont Community College - Charlotte, NC||PO Box 35009|
Charlotte , NC - 28235