Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ChicagoSurgical technologist schools are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). On the website for CAAHEP, you can search for accredited programs by profession and state at http://www.caahep.org/find-an-accredited-program/.
How to Get Certified in ChicagoSurgical technicians must be licensed in the state of Illinois. The first step to licensure is to graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited education program, either with a certificate or with an associate’s degree. Next, you must past the certification test given by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). Upon receiving your scores, submit them to the Division of Professional Regulation
in the state of Illinois along with your transcripts to apply for a license. The fee for a license is $100 and it must be renewed every two years.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ChicagoThe national average salary for surgical techs is $44,420, or $21.36 per hour. In the state of Illinois, techs are paid a mean wage of $43,670, which is generally in line with the national average. In general, technicians are paid more in large metropolitan areas like Chicago. The average wage for surgical techs in the Chicago metro area is $46,460, higher than both the state and national averages.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Northwestern College is a special place. Focused programs. Flexible schedules. Supportive faculty. Externship opportunities. But you probably know all of that. What you may not know is what’s behind it. Our history, our mission, our whole philosophy really. Simply put, it’s about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities.
- Dental Assisting Certificate
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Fitness & Nutrition
Surgical Technician Campuses in Chicago
|Malcolm X College - Chicago, IL||1900 West Van Buren Street|
Chicago , IL - 60612
|Midwestern Career College||20 N. Wacker Dr., Suite 3800|
Chicago, IL 60606
|Prairie State College - Chicago Heights, IL||202 S. Halsted|
Chicago Heights , IL - 60411
|Robert Morris University - Chicago, IL||401 S. State Street|
Chicago , IL - 60605