Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ClevelandDeveloped in WWII, the work of surgical technicians is now a thriving field in healthcare. If you are looking to become a surgical technician in Cleveland, Ohio, you will need to find accredited schools there. The one accredited school within Cleveland is Cuyahoga Community College, which offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in Surgical Technology. It’s a four-semester program that provides surgery labs and clinical experience. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
How to Get Certified in ClevelandCAAHEP is one of two accrediting bodies that can approve surgical technology programs. Once a student has received a degree in an accredited program, they can apply for and take the Certified Surgical Technician (CST) exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). You can go to the NBSTSA website to download an application, take practice exams and discover other documentation you may need, depending on your background. If you have experience in surgical technology or have taken classes at a non-accredited program, they have recommendations about further schooling to help you prepare for the exam as well.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Cleveland
Ohio ranks fifth in employment levels for surgical technicians, but average salaries for surgical techs within the state are slightly less than the national average. The statewide average hourly wage was $19.96 as of 2012. Cayahoga Community College, the accredited surgical tech school in Cleveland, states that entry-level wages for surgical techs starting out in their area probably range between $15.50 and $18.00 per hour. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median hourly wage for all surgical technicians in the U.S. was $20.54 in their 2013 estimates.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Cleveland
|Cuyahoga Community College||2900 Community College Avenue |
Health Careers and Science 126-H
Cleveland , OH - 44115-3196
|Remington College||14445 Broadway Ave, Cleveland, OH 44125||