Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ColoradoCertification as a surgical technician is obtained through the NBSTSA, or The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. When a person receives the required education from an accredited school, they are then allowed to sit for the CST, or Certified Surgical Technician, test. There is also a certification test offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). For a surgical technician to keep their certification valid, they must either retake the exam every four years or achieve 60 credits of continuing education over a four-year period. Although Colorado does not require certification, many employers prefer to hire those who have obtained it.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ColoradoIn Colorado, the salary for a surgical technician can vary, depending upon the amount of education an individual has, the location they choose to work and the length of their experience, among other factors. The lower range of salary runs from $30,707 to $45,656, with a median salary of $37,719. The middle range runs from $32,030 to $47,623, with a median salary of $39,345. The highest range of salary falls between $34,821 and $51,773, with a median salary of $42,773. As an individual gains experience in the field, they can expect to see an increase in their yearly earnings.
How to Get Certified in ColoradoThose who are entering the field of surgical therapy have to receive training through an accredited program, as well successfully earn a diploma, certificate or associate of science degree in surgical technology. These programs will offer hands-on experience through clinical practice, along with instruction in surgical practices and infection prevention. Educational courses in the program include microbiology, pharmacology, anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and general courses in science.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Health Information Technology
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Colorado
|Aims Community College - Greeley, CO||5401 W. 20th Street|
P.O. Box 69
Greeley , CO - 80632
|Colorado Technical University-Denver North - Westminster, CO||1865 W. 121st Ave.|
Westminster , CO - 80234
|ConCorde Career College-Aurora - Aurora, CO||111 N. Havana St.|
Aurora , CO - 80010
|Everest College-Denver - Denver, CO||9065 Grant Street|
Thornton , CO - 80229