Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ColoradoCertification as a surgical technician is obtained through the NBSTSA, or The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. When a person receives the required education from an accredited school, they are then allowed to sit for the CST, or Certified Surgical Technician, test. There is also a certification test offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). For a surgical technician to keep their certification valid, they must either retake the exam every four years or achieve 60 credits of continuing education over a four-year period. Although Colorado does not require certification, many employers prefer to hire those who have obtained it.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ColoradoIn Colorado, the salary for a surgical technician can vary, depending upon the amount of education an individual has, the location they choose to work and the length of their experience, among other factors. The lower range of salary runs from $30,707 to $45,656, with a median salary of $37,719. The middle range runs from $32,030 to $47,623, with a median salary of $39,345. The highest range of salary falls between $34,821 and $51,773, with a median salary of $42,773. As an individual gains experience in the field, they can expect to see an increase in their yearly earnings.
How to Get Certified in ColoradoThose who are entering the field of surgical therapy have to receive training through an accredited program, as well successfully earn a diploma, certificate or associate of science degree in surgical technology. These programs will offer hands-on experience through clinical practice, along with instruction in surgical practices and infection prevention. Educational courses in the program include microbiology, pharmacology, anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and general courses in science.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- Diploma-Medical Office Administration
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor's
Surgical Technician Campuses in Colorado
|Aims Community College - Greeley, CO||5401 W. 20th Street|
P.O. Box 69
Greeley , CO - 80632
|Colorado Technical University-Denver North - Westminster, CO||1865 W. 121st Ave.|
Westminster , CO - 80234
|ConCorde Career College-Aurora - Aurora, CO||111 N. Havana St.|
Aurora , CO - 80010
|Everest College-Denver - Denver, CO||9065 Grant Street|
Thornton , CO - 80229