Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ColoradoCertification as a surgical technician is obtained through the NBSTSA, or The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. When a person receives the required education from an accredited school, they are then allowed to sit for the CST, or Certified Surgical Technician, test. There is also a certification test offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). For a surgical technician to keep their certification valid, they must either retake the exam every four years or achieve 60 credits of continuing education over a four-year period. Although Colorado does not require certification, many employers prefer to hire those who have obtained it.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ColoradoIn Colorado, the salary for a surgical technician can vary, depending upon the amount of education an individual has, the location they choose to work and the length of their experience, among other factors. The lower range of salary runs from $30,707 to $45,656, with a median salary of $37,719. The middle range runs from $32,030 to $47,623, with a median salary of $39,345. The highest range of salary falls between $34,821 and $51,773, with a median salary of $42,773. As an individual gains experience in the field, they can expect to see an increase in their yearly earnings.
How to Get Certified in ColoradoThose who are entering the field of surgical therapy have to receive training through an accredited program, as well successfully earn a diploma, certificate or associate of science degree in surgical technology. These programs will offer hands-on experience through clinical practice, along with instruction in surgical practices and infection prevention. Educational courses in the program include microbiology, pharmacology, anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and general courses in science.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Health Information Technology
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Colorado
|Aims Community College - Greeley, CO||5401 W. 20th Street|
P.O. Box 69
Greeley , CO - 80632
|Colorado Technical University-Denver North - Westminster, CO||1865 W. 121st Ave.|
Westminster , CO - 80234
|ConCorde Career College-Aurora - Aurora, CO||111 N. Havana St.|
Aurora , CO - 80010
|Everest College-Denver - Denver, CO||9065 Grant Street|
Thornton , CO - 80229