Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ConnecticutCertification usually takes between nine-twelve months in an accredited program. The state does not require licensure. Surgical technicians assist in operating room procedures, and their areas of specialization include scrub surgical, circulation surgical, central supply or neuro or cardiovascular surgery.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ConnecticutAlthough in recent years there was not much job growth in this field in Connecticut, the good news is that such growth seems to be increasing, and that salaries have been a little on the rise for those who do choose to pursue a career as a surgical technician. Information varies a bit according to sources, but mean salary for a surgical technician in Connecticut seems to be reported at around $45,000. Job growth for surgical technicians is generally expected to increase across the country due to a growing aging population who need more surgeries.
How to Get Certified in ConnecticutAccording to educationnews.org, the four accredited schools for surgical technology in the state of Connecticut are: Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing, Manchester Community College, Albert I Prince Technical High School and Eli Whitney Technical School. The website healthcareersinct.com adds Danbury Hospital in Connecticut to the list of schools accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Many of these programs offer a surgical technology certificate but there is at least one associate’s degree on offer as well. An associate’s degree takes two years, while most diploma or certificate programs can be completed in nine-twelve months.
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Surgical Technology
Earn your degree from Lincoln College of New England. Over 30 undergraduate programs are available in Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. Financial aid is available for those who qualify
- Health Information Technology, AAS
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (General Concentration)
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Connecticut
|A.I. Prince CTHS - Hartford, CT||401 Flatbush Avenue|
Hartford , CT - 06106
|Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing - Bridgeport, CT||200 Mill Hill Avenue |
Bridgeport , CT - 06610
|Eli Whitney Vocational Technical School - Hamden, CT||71 Jones Road|
Hamden , CT - 06401
|Manchester Community College-Manchester,CT - Manchester, CT||PO Box 46|
Manchester , CT - 06045- 1046