Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in DelawareThe Harris School of Business in Dover, DE is considered one of the most effective institutions for a growing career as a surgical technician. Its campuses are located in the Linwood and Cherry Hill areas, where only the latest state-of-the-art technologies are utilized for teaching and training. Concorde Career College is located in Arlington, DE and is dedicated to “hands-on” experience. They take a “learn by doing” approach in their training to help you attain the skills needed in today’s healthcare industry.
Surgical Technician Certification in DelawareAn alternative process for getting a great start as a surgical technician is to obtain a certification. By choosing a well-known certifying organization, you become more attractive to employers that offer a better range of career benefits. There are three basic steps involved in becoming a certified surgical technician. They include, applying to the appropriate organization for certification, graduating from an accredited training program and passing the certification exam that is related to your area of expertise.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in DelawareIn Delaware, the average salary is $43,000 for a surgical technician. An entry-level salary is about $27,000, while the top 10% earn over $68,000 a year. Several factors contribute to the amount of your potential salary such as, your years of experience, the size of the company, and your level of education. Some surgical technicians are paid according to the areas of surgery or the work environment. For instance, a surgical technician’s salary with a cosmetic surgeon may prove quite competitive with the salary of a technician in a dentist’s office.
How to Get Certified in Delaware1. Harris School of Business – offers a program that preps the students for the workforce. The study curriculum consists of pharmacology, perioperative services, physiology and anatomy. The goal of this program is to provide the student with the skills to gain entry-level employment.
2. Concorde Career College – This school has a Surgical Technology/Technologist program that allows students to enter the workforce as an entry-level Surgical Technician. At the end of the program they will be equipped to work closely with registered nurses, surgeons, and anesthesiologists. Since the surgical technician plays a critical role in the care of the patient, you will receive quality education and training to help you fulfill this role.
Matching School Ads
Harris School of Business offers career-focused education that gives you the skills you need to make the leap into your new career.
- Surgical Technology
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
Surgical Technician Campuses in Delaware
|Delaware Technical and Community College-Terry Campus - Dover, DE||100 Campus Drive|
Dover , DE - 19904
|Harris School of Business||97 Commerce Way # 105, Dover, DE 19904||https://www.harrisschool.edu/|