Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Houston
To work as a surgical technologist in Houston, you must complete a surgical technology training program. Depending on the school and if the program offers certificates or degrees, the program may last from one to two years. Students are advised to make sure that the program is accredited by either the ABHES or the CAAHEP because that’s a prerequisite for becoming certified. Surgical tech training includes lectures, lab classes and clinical rotations where students assist in a certain number of procedures in a supervised setting.
How to Get Certified in HoustonAlthough certification is not required in Texas, most employers prefer hiring techs that are certified. To be eligible for certification, you must have completed an accredited program and must pass a certification exam. You can earn the credential of Certified Surgical Technician or Surgical Technician First Assistant by passing an exam through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). Another path towards certification is offered through the National Center for Competency Testing. They also offer a test you must pass.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in HoustonDespite the fact that Texas ranks 2nd in terms of states with the highest level of employment of surgical technicians, surgical tech wages throughout most of Texas are below the national average, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, Salary.com reports that wages in Houston are slightly above the national average. As of September 2014, the average annual wage for surgical techs in Houston was $41,810. The lowest ten percent earned $34,036 while the highest ninety percent earned $50,608.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Houston
|Houston Community College||3100 Main St, Houston, TX 77002||http://www.hccs.edu/|
|Fortis College||West Oaks Mall, 1201 W Oaks Mall, Houston, TX 77082||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/texas.aspx|
|College of Health Care Professions||240 Northwest Mall Blvd.|
Houston, TX 77092