Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IllinoisBecause surgical technologists are fast paced, extremely hands-on, and required to take action in high pressured situations, it’s imperative to find schools with substantial academic credentials that offer programs with accreditation by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. In addition to authentic accolades and rankings, look for accredited programs with features like high graduation rates, percentage of employed alumni, and internship opportunities.
How to Get Certified in IllinoisBefore you become an official certified surgical technician (CST), you must apply and take the national CST examination. To be eligible, you need to complete programs necessary from accredited schools that include courses such as anatomy, physiology, surgical equipment, medical terminology, and proper surgery methods. Typically, these classes last between nine months and two years, depending on the complexity and specialty of the degree. Then you may submit your examination application to the NBSTSA. Once you receive your certification, you can quickly become an important part of surgical teams in hospitals and medical facilities in Illinois.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IllinoisDepending on the particular degree an employer requires, surgical technicians with accredited training and certifications earn an average salary of $40,500 each year throughout Illinois, while technicians specializing in similar areas of expertise such as ultrasound sonography can earn an annual income greater than $70,000. Employment in these fields is expected to rise nearly 30% in the next five years, creating a more competitive job market, and consequently, a gradual increase in wages.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Medical Assistant
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Master of Public Health
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Illinois
|College of DuPage - Glen Ellyn, IL||425 Fawell Blvd.|
Glen Ellyn , IL - 60137
|College of Lake County - Waukegan, IL||19351 West Washington Street |
Grayslake , IL - 60030-1198
|Elgin Community College - Elgin, IL||1700 Spartan Drive |
Elgin , IL - 60123
|Illinois Central College - East Peoria, IL||201 Southwest Adams Street|
Peoria , IL - 61635-0001
|John Wood Community College - Quincy, IL||1301 S. 48th Street |
Quincy , IL - 62305
|Lincoln Land Community College - Springfield, IL||5250 Shepherd Rd|
PO Box 19256
Springfield , IL - 62794
|Malcolm X College - Chicago, IL||1900 West Van Buren Street|
Chicago , IL - 60612
|Parkland College - Champaign, IL||2400 West Bradley Avenue|
Champaign , IL - 61821-1899
|Prairie State College - Chicago Heights, IL||202 S. Halsted|
Chicago Heights , IL - 60411
|Richland Community College - Decatur, IL||One College Park |
Decatur , IL - 62521
|Robert Morris University - Chicago, IL||401 S. State Street|
Chicago , IL - 60605
|Rock Valley College - Rockford, IL||4151 Samuelson Road|
Rockford , IL - 61109
|Southern Illinois Collegiate Common Mkt Consortium - Herrin, IL||3213 South Park Ave|
Herrin , IL - 62948
|Triton College - River Grove, IL||2000 Fifth Avenue |
River Grove , IL - 60171
|Waubonsee Community College - Sugar Grove, IL||Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive|
Sugar Grove , IL - 60554-9448