Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IllinoisBecause surgical technologists are fast paced, extremely hands-on, and required to take action in high pressured situations, it’s imperative to find schools with substantial academic credentials that offer programs with accreditation by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. In addition to authentic accolades and rankings, look for accredited programs with features like high graduation rates, percentage of employed alumni, and internship opportunities.
How to Get Certified in IllinoisBefore you become an official certified surgical technician (CST), you must apply and take the national CST examination. To be eligible, you need to complete programs necessary from accredited schools that include courses such as anatomy, physiology, surgical equipment, medical terminology, and proper surgery methods. Typically, these classes last between nine months and two years, depending on the complexity and specialty of the degree. Then you may submit your examination application to the NBSTSA. Once you receive your certification, you can quickly become an important part of surgical teams in hospitals and medical facilities in Illinois.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IllinoisDepending on the particular degree an employer requires, surgical technicians with accredited training and certifications earn an average salary of $40,500 each year throughout Illinois, while technicians specializing in similar areas of expertise such as ultrasound sonography can earn an annual income greater than $70,000. Employment in these fields is expected to rise nearly 30% in the next five years, creating a more competitive job market, and consequently, a gradual increase in wages.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Pharmacy Technician
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Surgical Technician Campuses in Illinois
|College of DuPage - Glen Ellyn, IL||425 Fawell Blvd.|
Glen Ellyn , IL - 60137
|College of Lake County - Waukegan, IL||19351 West Washington Street |
Grayslake , IL - 60030-1198
|Elgin Community College - Elgin, IL||1700 Spartan Drive |
Elgin , IL - 60123
|Illinois Central College - East Peoria, IL||201 Southwest Adams Street|
Peoria , IL - 61635-0001
|John Wood Community College - Quincy, IL||1301 S. 48th Street |
Quincy , IL - 62305
|Lincoln Land Community College - Springfield, IL||5250 Shepherd Rd|
PO Box 19256
Springfield , IL - 62794
|Malcolm X College - Chicago, IL||1900 West Van Buren Street|
Chicago , IL - 60612
|Parkland College - Champaign, IL||2400 West Bradley Avenue|
Champaign , IL - 61821-1899
|Prairie State College - Chicago Heights, IL||202 S. Halsted|
Chicago Heights , IL - 60411
|Richland Community College - Decatur, IL||One College Park |
Decatur , IL - 62521
|Robert Morris University - Chicago, IL||401 S. State Street|
Chicago , IL - 60605
|Rock Valley College - Rockford, IL||4151 Samuelson Road|
Rockford , IL - 61109
|Southern Illinois Collegiate Common Mkt Consortium - Herrin, IL||3213 South Park Ave|
Herrin , IL - 62948
|Triton College - River Grove, IL||2000 Fifth Avenue |
River Grove , IL - 60171
|Waubonsee Community College - Sugar Grove, IL||Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive|
Sugar Grove , IL - 60554-9448