Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IllinoisBecause surgical technologists are fast paced, extremely hands-on, and required to take action in high pressured situations, it’s imperative to find schools with substantial academic credentials that offer programs with accreditation by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. In addition to authentic accolades and rankings, look for accredited programs with features like high graduation rates, percentage of employed alumni, and internship opportunities.
How to Get Certified in IllinoisBefore you become an official certified surgical technician (CST), you must apply and take the national CST examination. To be eligible, you need to complete programs necessary from accredited schools that include courses such as anatomy, physiology, surgical equipment, medical terminology, and proper surgery methods. Typically, these classes last between nine months and two years, depending on the complexity and specialty of the degree. Then you may submit your examination application to the NBSTSA. Once you receive your certification, you can quickly become an important part of surgical teams in hospitals and medical facilities in Illinois.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IllinoisDepending on the particular degree an employer requires, surgical technicians with accredited training and certifications earn an average salary of $40,500 each year throughout Illinois, while technicians specializing in similar areas of expertise such as ultrasound sonography can earn an annual income greater than $70,000. Employment in these fields is expected to rise nearly 30% in the next five years, creating a more competitive job market, and consequently, a gradual increase in wages.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Master of Public Health
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in Illinois
|College of DuPage - Glen Ellyn, IL||425 Fawell Blvd.|
Glen Ellyn , IL - 60137
|College of Lake County - Waukegan, IL||19351 West Washington Street |
Grayslake , IL - 60030-1198
|Elgin Community College - Elgin, IL||1700 Spartan Drive |
Elgin , IL - 60123
|Illinois Central College - East Peoria, IL||201 Southwest Adams Street|
Peoria , IL - 61635-0001
|John Wood Community College - Quincy, IL||1301 S. 48th Street |
Quincy , IL - 62305
|Lincoln Land Community College - Springfield, IL||5250 Shepherd Rd|
PO Box 19256
Springfield , IL - 62794
|Malcolm X College - Chicago, IL||1900 West Van Buren Street|
Chicago , IL - 60612
|Parkland College - Champaign, IL||2400 West Bradley Avenue|
Champaign , IL - 61821-1899
|Prairie State College - Chicago Heights, IL||202 S. Halsted|
Chicago Heights , IL - 60411
|Richland Community College - Decatur, IL||One College Park |
Decatur , IL - 62521
|Robert Morris University - Chicago, IL||401 S. State Street|
Chicago , IL - 60605
|Rock Valley College - Rockford, IL||4151 Samuelson Road|
Rockford , IL - 61109
|Southern Illinois Collegiate Common Mkt Consortium - Herrin, IL||3213 South Park Ave|
Herrin , IL - 62948
|Triton College - River Grove, IL||2000 Fifth Avenue |
River Grove , IL - 60171
|Waubonsee Community College - Sugar Grove, IL||Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive|
Sugar Grove , IL - 60554-9448