Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IllinoisBecause surgical technologists are fast paced, extremely hands-on, and required to take action in high pressured situations, it’s imperative to find schools with substantial academic credentials that offer programs with accreditation by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. In addition to authentic accolades and rankings, look for accredited programs with features like high graduation rates, percentage of employed alumni, and internship opportunities.
How to Get Certified in IllinoisBefore you become an official certified surgical technician (CST), you must apply and take the national CST examination. To be eligible, you need to complete programs necessary from accredited schools that include courses such as anatomy, physiology, surgical equipment, medical terminology, and proper surgery methods. Typically, these classes last between nine months and two years, depending on the complexity and specialty of the degree. Then you may submit your examination application to the NBSTSA. Once you receive your certification, you can quickly become an important part of surgical teams in hospitals and medical facilities in Illinois.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IllinoisDepending on the particular degree an employer requires, surgical technicians with accredited training and certifications earn an average salary of $40,500 each year throughout Illinois, while technicians specializing in similar areas of expertise such as ultrasound sonography can earn an annual income greater than $70,000. Employment in these fields is expected to rise nearly 30% in the next five years, creating a more competitive job market, and consequently, a gradual increase in wages.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Pharmacy Technician
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Health Informatics
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Surgical Technician Campuses in Illinois
|College of DuPage - Glen Ellyn, IL||425 Fawell Blvd.|
Glen Ellyn , IL - 60137
|College of Lake County - Waukegan, IL||19351 West Washington Street |
Grayslake , IL - 60030-1198
|Elgin Community College - Elgin, IL||1700 Spartan Drive |
Elgin , IL - 60123
|Illinois Central College - East Peoria, IL||201 Southwest Adams Street|
Peoria , IL - 61635-0001
|John Wood Community College - Quincy, IL||1301 S. 48th Street |
Quincy , IL - 62305
|Lincoln Land Community College - Springfield, IL||5250 Shepherd Rd|
PO Box 19256
Springfield , IL - 62794
|Malcolm X College - Chicago, IL||1900 West Van Buren Street|
Chicago , IL - 60612
|Parkland College - Champaign, IL||2400 West Bradley Avenue|
Champaign , IL - 61821-1899
|Prairie State College - Chicago Heights, IL||202 S. Halsted|
Chicago Heights , IL - 60411
|Richland Community College - Decatur, IL||One College Park |
Decatur , IL - 62521
|Robert Morris University - Chicago, IL||401 S. State Street|
Chicago , IL - 60605
|Rock Valley College - Rockford, IL||4151 Samuelson Road|
Rockford , IL - 61109
|Southern Illinois Collegiate Common Mkt Consortium - Herrin, IL||3213 South Park Ave|
Herrin , IL - 62948
|Triton College - River Grove, IL||2000 Fifth Avenue |
River Grove , IL - 60171
|Waubonsee Community College - Sugar Grove, IL||Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive|
Sugar Grove , IL - 60554-9448