Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IllinoisBecause surgical technologists are fast paced, extremely hands-on, and required to take action in high pressured situations, it’s imperative to find schools with substantial academic credentials that offer programs with accreditation by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. In addition to authentic accolades and rankings, look for accredited programs with features like high graduation rates, percentage of employed alumni, and internship opportunities.
How to Get Certified in IllinoisBefore you become an official certified surgical technician (CST), you must apply and take the national CST examination. To be eligible, you need to complete programs necessary from accredited schools that include courses such as anatomy, physiology, surgical equipment, medical terminology, and proper surgery methods. Typically, these classes last between nine months and two years, depending on the complexity and specialty of the degree. Then you may submit your examination application to the NBSTSA. Once you receive your certification, you can quickly become an important part of surgical teams in hospitals and medical facilities in Illinois.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IllinoisDepending on the particular degree an employer requires, surgical technicians with accredited training and certifications earn an average salary of $40,500 each year throughout Illinois, while technicians specializing in similar areas of expertise such as ultrasound sonography can earn an annual income greater than $70,000. Employment in these fields is expected to rise nearly 30% in the next five years, creating a more competitive job market, and consequently, a gradual increase in wages.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Veterinary Assistant
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Illinois
|College of DuPage - Glen Ellyn, IL||425 Fawell Blvd.|
Glen Ellyn , IL - 60137
|College of Lake County - Waukegan, IL||19351 West Washington Street |
Grayslake , IL - 60030-1198
|Elgin Community College - Elgin, IL||1700 Spartan Drive |
Elgin , IL - 60123
|Illinois Central College - East Peoria, IL||201 Southwest Adams Street|
Peoria , IL - 61635-0001
|John Wood Community College - Quincy, IL||1301 S. 48th Street |
Quincy , IL - 62305
|Lincoln Land Community College - Springfield, IL||5250 Shepherd Rd|
PO Box 19256
Springfield , IL - 62794
|Malcolm X College - Chicago, IL||1900 West Van Buren Street|
Chicago , IL - 60612
|Parkland College - Champaign, IL||2400 West Bradley Avenue|
Champaign , IL - 61821-1899
|Prairie State College - Chicago Heights, IL||202 S. Halsted|
Chicago Heights , IL - 60411
|Richland Community College - Decatur, IL||One College Park |
Decatur , IL - 62521
|Robert Morris University - Chicago, IL||401 S. State Street|
Chicago , IL - 60605
|Rock Valley College - Rockford, IL||4151 Samuelson Road|
Rockford , IL - 61109
|Southern Illinois Collegiate Common Mkt Consortium - Herrin, IL||3213 South Park Ave|
Herrin , IL - 62948
|Triton College - River Grove, IL||2000 Fifth Avenue |
River Grove , IL - 60171
|Waubonsee Community College - Sugar Grove, IL||Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive|
Sugar Grove , IL - 60554-9448