Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IowaThere are several excellent surgical technology schools in Iowa depending on where you live in the state. If you live near the western edge of the state, Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs would be the perfect match. If you are closer to the Eastern edge of the state, Eastern Iowa Community College in Davenport also offers excellent accredited surgical technology classes. For students living in the middle of Iowa, Mercy College of Health Science in Des Moines should be at the top of the list.
How to Get Certified in IowaSurgical Technician are part of the surgical team in a hospital or clinic and assist the surgeon and nurses with surgical instruments and procedures. Students must have a high school diploma or GED and scores of C or better in Biology and Math. Most programs are three semesters and include clinical, lab, and classroom instruction. Once a certificate is earned, the student can look for positions in various hospitals and out-patient surgical clinics.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IowaAverage salaries for surgical technicians in the state of Iowa average about $37,000. A technician who has just finished training will probably make a little less until he has gained more practical experience. A surgical tech who specializes in cardiac or labor and delivery surgery will make a little more than average. According to the job outlook indicators, the surgical technician career will continue to grow over the next several years.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS Sport Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Surgical Technician Campuses in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College-Urban/Des Moines Campus - Des Moines, IA||1100 7th Street|
Building 2 Room 102
Des Moines , IA - 50314
|Iowa Lakes Community College - Spencer, IA||1900 North Grand Avenue |
Spencer , IA - 51301
|Iowa Western Community College - Council Bluffs, IA||2700 College Road Box 4 C|
Council Bluffs , IA - 51502
|Kirkwood Community College - Cedar Rapids, IA||6301 Kirkwood Boulevard Southwest |
PO BOX 2068
Cedar Rapids , IA - 52406
|Mercy College of Health Sciences - Des Moines, IA||928 6th Avenue |
Des Moines , IA - 50309-1239
|Scott Community College - Bettendorf, IA||500 Belmont Rd|
Bettendorf , IA - 52722
|Western Iowa Tech Community College - Sioux City, IA||4647 Stone Avenue |
Sioux City , IA - 51106-5199