Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IowaThere are several excellent surgical technology schools in Iowa depending on where you live in the state. If you live near the western edge of the state, Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs would be the perfect match. If you are closer to the Eastern edge of the state, Eastern Iowa Community College in Davenport also offers excellent accredited surgical technology classes. For students living in the middle of Iowa, Mercy College of Health Science in Des Moines should be at the top of the list.
How to Get Certified in IowaSurgical Technician are part of the surgical team in a hospital or clinic and assist the surgeon and nurses with surgical instruments and procedures. Students must have a high school diploma or GED and scores of C or better in Biology and Math. Most programs are three semesters and include clinical, lab, and classroom instruction. Once a certificate is earned, the student can look for positions in various hospitals and out-patient surgical clinics.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IowaAverage salaries for surgical technicians in the state of Iowa average about $37,000. A technician who has just finished training will probably make a little less until he has gained more practical experience. A surgical tech who specializes in cardiac or labor and delivery surgery will make a little more than average. According to the job outlook indicators, the surgical technician career will continue to grow over the next several years.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College-Urban/Des Moines Campus - Des Moines, IA||1100 7th Street|
Building 2 Room 102
Des Moines , IA - 50314
|Iowa Lakes Community College - Spencer, IA||1900 North Grand Avenue |
Spencer , IA - 51301
|Iowa Western Community College - Council Bluffs, IA||2700 College Road Box 4 C|
Council Bluffs , IA - 51502
|Kirkwood Community College - Cedar Rapids, IA||6301 Kirkwood Boulevard Southwest |
PO BOX 2068
Cedar Rapids , IA - 52406
|Mercy College of Health Sciences - Des Moines, IA||928 6th Avenue |
Des Moines , IA - 50309-1239
|Scott Community College - Bettendorf, IA||500 Belmont Rd|
Bettendorf , IA - 52722
|Western Iowa Tech Community College - Sioux City, IA||4647 Stone Avenue |
Sioux City , IA - 51106-5199