Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IowaThere are several excellent surgical technology schools in Iowa depending on where you live in the state. If you live near the western edge of the state, Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs would be the perfect match. If you are closer to the Eastern edge of the state, Eastern Iowa Community College in Davenport also offers excellent accredited surgical technology classes. For students living in the middle of Iowa, Mercy College of Health Science in Des Moines should be at the top of the list.
How to Get Certified in IowaSurgical Technician are part of the surgical team in a hospital or clinic and assist the surgeon and nurses with surgical instruments and procedures. Students must have a high school diploma or GED and scores of C or better in Biology and Math. Most programs are three semesters and include clinical, lab, and classroom instruction. Once a certificate is earned, the student can look for positions in various hospitals and out-patient surgical clinics.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IowaAverage salaries for surgical technicians in the state of Iowa average about $37,000. A technician who has just finished training will probably make a little less until he has gained more practical experience. A surgical tech who specializes in cardiac or labor and delivery surgery will make a little more than average. According to the job outlook indicators, the surgical technician career will continue to grow over the next several years.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College-Urban/Des Moines Campus - Des Moines, IA||1100 7th Street|
Building 2 Room 102
Des Moines , IA - 50314
|Iowa Lakes Community College - Spencer, IA||1900 North Grand Avenue |
Spencer , IA - 51301
|Iowa Western Community College - Council Bluffs, IA||2700 College Road Box 4 C|
Council Bluffs , IA - 51502
|Kirkwood Community College - Cedar Rapids, IA||6301 Kirkwood Boulevard Southwest |
PO BOX 2068
Cedar Rapids , IA - 52406
|Mercy College of Health Sciences - Des Moines, IA||928 6th Avenue |
Des Moines , IA - 50309-1239
|Scott Community College - Bettendorf, IA||500 Belmont Rd|
Bettendorf , IA - 52722
|Western Iowa Tech Community College - Sioux City, IA||4647 Stone Avenue |
Sioux City , IA - 51106-5199