Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IowaThere are several excellent surgical technology schools in Iowa depending on where you live in the state. If you live near the western edge of the state, Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs would be the perfect match. If you are closer to the Eastern edge of the state, Eastern Iowa Community College in Davenport also offers excellent accredited surgical technology classes. For students living in the middle of Iowa, Mercy College of Health Science in Des Moines should be at the top of the list.
How to Get Certified in IowaSurgical Technician are part of the surgical team in a hospital or clinic and assist the surgeon and nurses with surgical instruments and procedures. Students must have a high school diploma or GED and scores of C or better in Biology and Math. Most programs are three semesters and include clinical, lab, and classroom instruction. Once a certificate is earned, the student can look for positions in various hospitals and out-patient surgical clinics.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IowaAverage salaries for surgical technicians in the state of Iowa average about $37,000. A technician who has just finished training will probably make a little less until he has gained more practical experience. A surgical tech who specializes in cardiac or labor and delivery surgery will make a little more than average. According to the job outlook indicators, the surgical technician career will continue to grow over the next several years.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College-Urban/Des Moines Campus - Des Moines, IA||1100 7th Street|
Building 2 Room 102
Des Moines , IA - 50314
|Iowa Lakes Community College - Spencer, IA||1900 North Grand Avenue |
Spencer , IA - 51301
|Iowa Western Community College - Council Bluffs, IA||2700 College Road Box 4 C|
Council Bluffs , IA - 51502
|Kirkwood Community College - Cedar Rapids, IA||6301 Kirkwood Boulevard Southwest |
PO BOX 2068
Cedar Rapids , IA - 52406
|Mercy College of Health Sciences - Des Moines, IA||928 6th Avenue |
Des Moines , IA - 50309-1239
|Scott Community College - Bettendorf, IA||500 Belmont Rd|
Bettendorf , IA - 52722
|Western Iowa Tech Community College - Sioux City, IA||4647 Stone Avenue |
Sioux City , IA - 51106-5199