Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in KentuckyMost Kentucky surgical technician training programs are two-year programs that let students graduate with an Associate of Allied Health degree. During their studies, they must complete at least one clinical rotation, which lets them see what it’s like working with patients. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers an examination that students must also take prior to working in the field. They must schedule an appointment to take the examination at a testing center in this area and take the test on a computer in that center. Those who pass receive a certificate. Those who fail have the chance to retake the test at a later date.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in KentuckyThe median wage reported by those working as surgical technicians in Kentucky is around $40,000 a year. The lowest 10 percent of those working in the field make just over $32,000 a year, but the highest 10 percent make more than $48,000 a year. Some medical offices also pay technicians a bonus rate that can equal a few thousand dollars extra a year for performing well on the job. As with most medical jobs, surgical technicians also receive paid days off for vacation and sick leave and health insurance.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate of Applied Science
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Cardiographic Technology, Associates Degree
- Pharmacy Technology, Diploma
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
- Pharmacy Technician
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
Surgical Technician Campuses in Kentucky
|Ashland Community and Technical College - Ashland, KY||1400 College Drive|
Ashland , KY - 41101
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College - Lexington, KY||164 Opportunity Way|
Lexington , KY - 40511
|Brown Mackie College-Louisville - Louisville, KY||3605 Fern Valley Road|
Louisville , KY - 40219
|Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky - Fort Mitchell, KY||309 Buttermilk Pike|
Fort Mitchell , KY - 41017
|Hazard Community and Technical College - Hazard, KY||One Community College Drive|
Hazard , KY - 41701
|Jefferson Community and Technical College - Louisville, KY||109 E. Broadway |
Louisville , KY - 40202
|Madisonville Community College - Madisonville, KY||750 North Laffoon Street|
Madisonville , KY - 42431
|National College-Florence - Florence, KY||8095 Connector Drive|
Florence , KY - 41042
|National College-Lexington - Lexington, KY||2376 Sir Barton Way|
Lexington , KY - 40509
|National College-Louisville - Louisville, KY||4205 Dixie Highway|
Louisville , KY - 40216
|Owensboro Community and Technical College - Owensboro, KY||4800 New Hartford Road |
Owensboro , KY - 42303
|Somerset Community College - Somerset, KY||808 Monticello Street|
Somerset , KY - 42501
|Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College - Bowling Green, KY||1845 Loop Drive |
Bowling Green , KY - 42101-3601
|Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College - Pineville, KY||10350 US Highway 25E|
Pineville , KY - 40977
|Spencerian College - Louisville - Louisville, KY||4627 Dixie Highway |
Louisville , KY - 40216
|St Catharine College - St Catharine, KY||2735 Bardstown Road|
St. Catharine , KY - 40061
|West Kentucky Community and Technical College - Paducah, KY||4810 Alben Barkley Drive|
Paducah , KY - 42002