Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in KentuckyMost Kentucky surgical technician training programs are two-year programs that let students graduate with an Associate of Allied Health degree. During their studies, they must complete at least one clinical rotation, which lets them see what it’s like working with patients. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers an examination that students must also take prior to working in the field. They must schedule an appointment to take the examination at a testing center in this area and take the test on a computer in that center. Those who pass receive a certificate. Those who fail have the chance to retake the test at a later date.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in KentuckyThe median wage reported by those working as surgical technicians in Kentucky is around $40,000 a year. The lowest 10 percent of those working in the field make just over $32,000 a year, but the highest 10 percent make more than $48,000 a year. Some medical offices also pay technicians a bonus rate that can equal a few thousand dollars extra a year for performing well on the job. As with most medical jobs, surgical technicians also receive paid days off for vacation and sick leave and health insurance.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate of Applied Science
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Cardiographic Technology, Associates Degree
- Pharmacy Technology, Diploma
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Kentucky
|Ashland Community and Technical College - Ashland, KY||1400 College Drive|
Ashland , KY - 41101
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College - Lexington, KY||164 Opportunity Way|
Lexington , KY - 40511
|Brown Mackie College-Louisville - Louisville, KY||3605 Fern Valley Road|
Louisville , KY - 40219
|Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky - Fort Mitchell, KY||309 Buttermilk Pike|
Fort Mitchell , KY - 41017
|Hazard Community and Technical College - Hazard, KY||One Community College Drive|
Hazard , KY - 41701
|Jefferson Community and Technical College - Louisville, KY||109 E. Broadway |
Louisville , KY - 40202
|Madisonville Community College - Madisonville, KY||750 North Laffoon Street|
Madisonville , KY - 42431
|National College-Florence - Florence, KY||8095 Connector Drive|
Florence , KY - 41042
|National College-Lexington - Lexington, KY||2376 Sir Barton Way|
Lexington , KY - 40509
|National College-Louisville - Louisville, KY||4205 Dixie Highway|
Louisville , KY - 40216
|Owensboro Community and Technical College - Owensboro, KY||4800 New Hartford Road |
Owensboro , KY - 42303
|Somerset Community College - Somerset, KY||808 Monticello Street|
Somerset , KY - 42501
|Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College - Bowling Green, KY||1845 Loop Drive |
Bowling Green , KY - 42101-3601
|Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College - Pineville, KY||10350 US Highway 25E|
Pineville , KY - 40977
|Spencerian College - Louisville - Louisville, KY||4627 Dixie Highway |
Louisville , KY - 40216
|St Catharine College - St Catharine, KY||2735 Bardstown Road|
St. Catharine , KY - 40061
|West Kentucky Community and Technical College - Paducah, KY||4810 Alben Barkley Drive|
Paducah , KY - 42002