Surgical Technician Schools in Las VegasSurgical technologists assist in surgical operations by preparing operating rooms, arranging equipment, and helping doctors during surgeries. Surgical technologists can also be referred to as operating technicians. They work as members of a healthcare team alongside physicians and surgeons, registered nurses, and other healthcare workers.
Before a surgery, surgical technologists prepare the operating room by sterilizing and setting up surgical instruments and equipment. They prepare patients for surgery by washing and disinfecting incision sites, positioning and draping patients, and transporting patients to and from the operating room. During an operation, they pass instruments and supplies to surgeons. When the surgery is complete, surgical technologists may apply bandages to the patient, transfer them out of the operating room, and restock the operating room for the next procedure.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Las Vegas
Surgical technologists typically need a post secondary certificate or an associate’s degree. Surgical technology programs usually include classes in anatomy, biology, medical terminology, and pharmacology. Additional classes include the care and safety of patients, sterilization techniques, preventing and controlling infection, and the set up of technical equipment.
The following schools offer accredited surgical technology programs in the state of Nevada: College of Southern Nevada and Nevada Career Institute.
How to Get Certified in Las Vegas
A surgical technologist may earn certification through two organizations. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers a Certified Surgical Technician (CST) certification once an applicant completes an accredited program, passes an exam, and pays a fee. The National Center for Competency Testing offers a Tech in Surgery – Certified (NCCT) certification. There are several ways to obtain this certification such as a formal education, military training, or work experience. The applicant must also pass an exam and pay a fee. Both certifications require surgical technologists to complete continuing education to maintain the certification.
The state of Nevada does not currently require surgical technologists to become licensed.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Las VegasThe Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an annual mean wage for surgical technologists in Nevada of $54, 590 and an hourly mean wage of $26.25. The Las Vegas area employs the greatest density of surgical technologists in the state and reports an annual mean wage of $56,750.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- And more...
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Las Vegas
|College of Southern Nevada||6375 W.Charleston Blvd.|
Las Vegas , NV - 89146
|Nevada Career Institute||3231 N Decatur Blvd|
Las Vegas , NV - 89130