Surgical Technician Schools in Las VegasSurgical technologists assist in surgical operations by preparing operating rooms, arranging equipment, and helping doctors during surgeries. Surgical technologists can also be referred to as operating technicians. They work as members of a healthcare team alongside physicians and surgeons, registered nurses, and other healthcare workers.
Before a surgery, surgical technologists prepare the operating room by sterilizing and setting up surgical instruments and equipment. They prepare patients for surgery by washing and disinfecting incision sites, positioning and draping patients, and transporting patients to and from the operating room. During an operation, they pass instruments and supplies to surgeons. When the surgery is complete, surgical technologists may apply bandages to the patient, transfer them out of the operating room, and restock the operating room for the next procedure.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Las Vegas
Surgical technologists typically need a post secondary certificate or an associate’s degree. Surgical technology programs usually include classes in anatomy, biology, medical terminology, and pharmacology. Additional classes include the care and safety of patients, sterilization techniques, preventing and controlling infection, and the set up of technical equipment.
The following schools offer accredited surgical technology programs in the state of Nevada: College of Southern Nevada and Nevada Career Institute.
How to Get Certified in Las Vegas
A surgical technologist may earn certification through two organizations. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers a Certified Surgical Technician (CST) certification once an applicant completes an accredited program, passes an exam, and pays a fee. The National Center for Competency Testing offers a Tech in Surgery – Certified (NCCT) certification. There are several ways to obtain this certification such as a formal education, military training, or work experience. The applicant must also pass an exam and pay a fee. Both certifications require surgical technologists to complete continuing education to maintain the certification.
The state of Nevada does not currently require surgical technologists to become licensed.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Las VegasThe Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an annual mean wage for surgical technologists in Nevada of $54, 590 and an hourly mean wage of $26.25. The Las Vegas area employs the greatest density of surgical technologists in the state and reports an annual mean wage of $56,750.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Las Vegas
|College of Southern Nevada||6375 W.Charleston Blvd.|
Las Vegas , NV - 89146
|Nevada Career Institute||3231 N Decatur Blvd|
Las Vegas , NV - 89130