Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in LouisianaCertification for surgical technicians is not a requirement in the state of Louisiana. However, the majority of employers only hire those who have obtained certification. To do so, a candidate must first complete the education requirements, and then sit for the exam. The CST, or Certified Surgical Technician exam, is offered through The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (the NBSTSA). Another option is the exam offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (the NCCT). To maintain certification, a surgical technician must either earn 60 credits of continuing education in a four-year period, or retake the certification exam every four years.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in LouisianaSurgical techs who are employed in the state of Louisiana can expect a salary range that varies to some degree. The actual pay will be based on factors such as years of experience, amount of education, whether certification has been obtained and location of employment. The lower end of the range is between $27,555 and $40,969, with a median salary of $33,847. The mid-range falls between $30,697 and $45,641, with a median salary of $37,707. The upper range is between $33,988 and $50,533, with a median salary of $41,749.
How to Get Certified in LouisianaThe program that provides training in this field is Surgical Technology, in which an individual can earn a diploma, a certificate, or an Associate of Science degree. Preparation for successful completion of training includes courses in science, such as anatomy & physiology, microbiology and pharmacology. Algebra and general education classes are also a part of the program, along with clinical practice and training infection prevention and surgical methods.
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate in Occupational Studies
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Louisiana
|Bossier Parish Community College - Bossier City, LA||6220 East Texas Street |
Bossier City , LA - 71111
|Career Technical College-Monroe - Monroe, LA||2319 Louisville Avenue|
Monroe , LA - 71201
|Delgado Community College - New Orleans, LA||615 City Park Avenue|
New Orleans , LA - 70119
|Fortis College - Baton Rouge - Baton Rouge, LA||9255 Interline Avenue|
Baton Rouge , LA - 70809
|Our Lady of the Lake College - Baton Rouge, LA||5414 Brittany Drive|
Baton Rouge , LA - 70808
|South Central Louisiana Technical College - Lafourche Campus - Thibodaux, LA||1425 Tiger Drive |
Thibodaux , LA - 70301
|South Louisiana Community College - Lafayette, LA||1101 Bertarnd Drive|
Lafayette , LA - 70506
|Southern University at Shreveport - Bossier City - Shreveport, LA||610 Texas St |
Shreveport , LA - 71107
|Virginia College-Baton Rouge - Baton Rouge, LA||9501 Cortana Place|
Baton Rouge , LA - 70815