For aspiring surgical technologists, selecting an accredited surgical technology program is an important decision. Aspiring surgical technologists can usually complete the educational requirements, which are required to be a surgical technologist, in one to two years. It is important for potential surgical technologists to choose accredited schools that are recognized by the Accreditation of Allied Health Care Programs, which ensures graduates are prepared to pass the Certification for the Surgical Technician.
Potential candidates must have a diploma or certificate from a surgical technology program. Potential surgical technologists can also choose to earn an associate’s degree in surgical technology. Surgical technology students will take a variety of classes in the medical field:
• Medical Terminology
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Surgical Procedures
How to Get Certified in MarylandIn order to become a certified surgical technologist in Maryland, potential candidates should obtain the Certified Surgical Technician (CST) credential. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers the certification. There is also a certification offered from the National Center for Competency Testing, but the CST credential is preferred among employers. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting and the National Center for Competency Testing have continuing education requirements. In Maryland, surgical technicians can retake the exam or earn 60 credit hours over the duration of four years.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in MarylandAccording to Salary.com, the average annual salary for surgical technicians in Maryland is $42,587. The top ten percent made an average annual salary of $51,547. The lowest reported salaries for surgical technicians range from $34,669 to $38,442. This information taken from data that was gathered in 2014.
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Maryland
|Anne Arundel Community College - Arnold, MD||101 College Parkway|
Arnold , MD - 21401
|Baltimore City Community College - Baltimore, MD||2901 Liberty Heights Avenue |
Baltimore , MD - 21009
|Chesapeake College - Wye Mills, MD||PO Box 8|
Wye Mills , MD - 21679
|Community College of Baltimore County - Essex Campus - Baltimore, MD||7201 Rossville Blvd.|
Baltimore , MD - 21237
|Fortis Institute-Woodlawn - Baltimore, MD||6901 Security Blvd, Ste 21|
Baltimore , MD - 21244
|Frederick Community College - Frederick, MD||7932 Opossumtown Pike |
Frederick , MD - 21702
|Montgomery College - Takoma Park, MD||7977 Georgia Ave.|
Silver Spring , MD - 20910