Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in MississippiAnyone interested in going to a surgical tech school in Mississippi must have a high school diploma or GED. There are some programs that require a specific score on an entrance examination. Schooling can take anywhere from nine months to two years.
How to Get Certified in MississippiAfter getting an Associate’s degree in surgical technology from a school accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educated Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a student can qualify for national certification. Many hospitals hire only certified surgical techs. There are two types of certification:
1. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers the Certified Surgical Technician examination
2. The National Center for Competency Testing offers a certification for Tech in Surgery – Certified
The CST certification must be renewed every four years, and the TS-C every five years. The renewal can be gotten by re-examination or continuing education.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in MississippiAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the starting salary for a surgical tech is about $24,000.
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Mississippi:
1. Average annual salary: $32,340
2. Employment outlook: 25 percent
3. Jackson and Gulfport have the highest median salaries
4. Hattiesburg and Gulfport have the highest percentage of jobs
5. Pascagoula and Jackson have the lowest percentage of jobs
6. Jackson and Gulfport have the highest absolute number of jobs
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AS - Surgical Technology
- DIP - Pharmacy Technician
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in Mississippi
|East Central Community College - Decatur, MS||275 West Broad Street |
Decatur , MS - 39327
|Hinds Community College- Jackson - Jackson, MS||1750 Chadwick Drive|
Jackson , MS - 39204
|Holmes Community College - Ridgeland, MS||1060 Avent Drive |
Grenada , MS - 38901
|Itawamba Community College - Tupelo, MS||2176 S. Eason Blvd|
Tupelo , MS - 38804
|Meridian Community College - Meridian, MS||910 HWY 19th North |
Meridian , MS - 39307
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - Gulfport, MS||2226 Switzer Road |
Gulfport , MS - 39507
|Pearl River Community College - Hattiesburg, MS||5448 US Highway 49 South |
Hattiesburg , MS - 39401
|Virginia College-Biloxi - Biloxi, MS||920 Cedar Lake Road|
Biloxi , MS - 39532
|Virginia College-Jackson - Jackson, MS||5841 Ridgewood Rd.|
Jackson , MS - 39211