Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in MississippiAnyone interested in going to a surgical tech school in Mississippi must have a high school diploma or GED. There are some programs that require a specific score on an entrance examination. Schooling can take anywhere from nine months to two years.
How to Get Certified in MississippiAfter getting an Associate’s degree in surgical technology from a school accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educated Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a student can qualify for national certification. Many hospitals hire only certified surgical techs. There are two types of certification:
1. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers the Certified Surgical Technician examination
2. The National Center for Competency Testing offers a certification for Tech in Surgery – Certified
The CST certification must be renewed every four years, and the TS-C every five years. The renewal can be gotten by re-examination or continuing education.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in MississippiAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the starting salary for a surgical tech is about $24,000.
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Mississippi:
1. Average annual salary: $32,340
2. Employment outlook: 25 percent
3. Jackson and Gulfport have the highest median salaries
4. Hattiesburg and Gulfport have the highest percentage of jobs
5. Pascagoula and Jackson have the lowest percentage of jobs
6. Jackson and Gulfport have the highest absolute number of jobs
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AS - Surgical Technology
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Whether you’re looking for a new career, or searching to enhance your current position, Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) can help kick-start your educational goals. Through a diverse, innovative mix of mechanical trades, transportation, health and wellness, as well as allied health programs, MTI has earned a reputation for excellence in meeting local community needs, in regards to its workforce.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Master of Science in Nursing
Surgical Technician Campuses in Mississippi
|East Central Community College - Decatur, MS||275 West Broad Street |
Decatur , MS - 39327
|Hinds Community College- Jackson - Jackson, MS||1750 Chadwick Drive|
Jackson , MS - 39204
|Holmes Community College - Ridgeland, MS||1060 Avent Drive |
Grenada , MS - 38901
|Itawamba Community College - Tupelo, MS||2176 S. Eason Blvd|
Tupelo , MS - 38804
|Meridian Community College - Meridian, MS||910 HWY 19th North |
Meridian , MS - 39307
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - Gulfport, MS||2226 Switzer Road |
Gulfport , MS - 39507
|Pearl River Community College - Hattiesburg, MS||5448 US Highway 49 South |
Hattiesburg , MS - 39401
|Virginia College-Biloxi - Biloxi, MS||920 Cedar Lake Road|
Biloxi , MS - 39532
|Virginia College-Jackson - Jackson, MS||5841 Ridgewood Rd.|
Jackson , MS - 39211