Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in NevadaThose looking to work as a certified surgical technologist, or CST, must attend a program accredited by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NBSTSA. Prospective students can find accredited surgical technology schools by checking the NBSTSA’s partners in accreditation: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Nevada students can find more information about the certification process by visiting the Nevada State Assembly of the Association of Surgical Technicians online. Students in Nevada may choose programs in a private college setting or take surgical technology classes at a public college. Privately operated Nevada Career Institute is one of only two Nevada programs to carry the necessary CAAHEP accreditation. Nevada’s College of Southern Nevada is the only accredited public surgical technology program in Nevada. Students there will earn an associate’s degree in applied science through the course of their surgical technology study and qualify to take the CST exam.
How to Get Certified in NevadaTechnically, surgical technicians do not need to be certified in order to work in Nevada health care settings, but most state employers require the certification. The most common and respected credential is the Certified Surgical Technician, CST, designation from the NBSTSA. To qualify as a CST, candidates must complete their training at approved schools and pass the national certification exam administered by NBSTSA.
Students may also consider pursuing a less common Tech in Surgery-Certified credential from the National Center for Competency Testing. Training and certification as a surgical first assistant is also provided at some schools.
Salaries for Surgical Technician in NevadaThe median salary for a surgical technologist in the U.S. was $41,790 in 2012. Nevada surgical technologists fare fare better, earning annual mean salaries of $54,590, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state’s top 10 percent of surgical technicians earn more than $74,000 a year.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor's
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Utah College of Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Massage therapy is a flexible and rewarding career in which you not only take care of others – you also take care of yourself! You can work in a resort spa, cruise ship, medical office, sports clinic, destination spa, or a day spa close to home. You can even start your own private practice!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Surgical Technician Campuses in Nevada
|College of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas, NV||6375 W.Charleston Blvd.|
Las Vegas , NV - 89146
|Nevada Career Institute - Las Vegas, NV||3231 N Decatur Blvd|
Las Vegas , NV - 89130