Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in NevadaThose looking to work as a certified surgical technologist, or CST, must attend a program accredited by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NBSTSA. Prospective students can find accredited surgical technology schools by checking the NBSTSA’s partners in accreditation: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Nevada students can find more information about the certification process by visiting the Nevada State Assembly of the Association of Surgical Technicians online. Students in Nevada may choose programs in a private college setting or take surgical technology classes at a public college. Privately operated Nevada Career Institute is one of only two Nevada programs to carry the necessary CAAHEP accreditation. Nevada’s College of Southern Nevada is the only accredited public surgical technology program in Nevada. Students there will earn an associate’s degree in applied science through the course of their surgical technology study and qualify to take the CST exam.
How to Get Certified in NevadaTechnically, surgical technicians do not need to be certified in order to work in Nevada health care settings, but most state employers require the certification. The most common and respected credential is the Certified Surgical Technician, CST, designation from the NBSTSA. To qualify as a CST, candidates must complete their training at approved schools and pass the national certification exam administered by NBSTSA.
Students may also consider pursuing a less common Tech in Surgery-Certified credential from the National Center for Competency Testing. Training and certification as a surgical first assistant is also provided at some schools.
Salaries for Surgical Technician in NevadaThe median salary for a surgical technologist in the U.S. was $41,790 in 2012. Nevada surgical technologists fare fare better, earning annual mean salaries of $54,590, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state’s top 10 percent of surgical technicians earn more than $74,000 a year.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant X-Ray Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in Nevada
|College of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas, NV||6375 W.Charleston Blvd.|
Las Vegas , NV - 89146
|Nevada Career Institute - Las Vegas, NV||3231 N Decatur Blvd|
Las Vegas , NV - 89130