Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in NevadaThose looking to work as a certified surgical technologist, or CST, must attend a program accredited by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NBSTSA. Prospective students can find accredited surgical technology schools by checking the NBSTSA’s partners in accreditation: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Nevada students can find more information about the certification process by visiting the Nevada State Assembly of the Association of Surgical Technicians online. Students in Nevada may choose programs in a private college setting or take surgical technology classes at a public college. Privately operated Nevada Career Institute is one of only two Nevada programs to carry the necessary CAAHEP accreditation. Nevada’s College of Southern Nevada is the only accredited public surgical technology program in Nevada. Students there will earn an associate’s degree in applied science through the course of their surgical technology study and qualify to take the CST exam.
How to Get Certified in NevadaTechnically, surgical technicians do not need to be certified in order to work in Nevada health care settings, but most state employers require the certification. The most common and respected credential is the Certified Surgical Technician, CST, designation from the NBSTSA. To qualify as a CST, candidates must complete their training at approved schools and pass the national certification exam administered by NBSTSA.
Students may also consider pursuing a less common Tech in Surgery-Certified credential from the National Center for Competency Testing. Training and certification as a surgical first assistant is also provided at some schools.
Salaries for Surgical Technician in NevadaThe median salary for a surgical technologist in the U.S. was $41,790 in 2012. Nevada surgical technologists fare fare better, earning annual mean salaries of $54,590, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state’s top 10 percent of surgical technicians earn more than $74,000 a year.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- And more...
- Medical Assisting
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Health Informatics
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Nevada
|College of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas, NV||6375 W.Charleston Blvd.|
Las Vegas , NV - 89146
|Nevada Career Institute - Las Vegas, NV||3231 N Decatur Blvd|
Las Vegas , NV - 89130