Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in NevadaThose looking to work as a certified surgical technologist, or CST, must attend a program accredited by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NBSTSA. Prospective students can find accredited surgical technology schools by checking the NBSTSA’s partners in accreditation: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Nevada students can find more information about the certification process by visiting the Nevada State Assembly of the Association of Surgical Technicians online. Students in Nevada may choose programs in a private college setting or take surgical technology classes at a public college. Privately operated Nevada Career Institute is one of only two Nevada programs to carry the necessary CAAHEP accreditation. Nevada’s College of Southern Nevada is the only accredited public surgical technology program in Nevada. Students there will earn an associate’s degree in applied science through the course of their surgical technology study and qualify to take the CST exam.
How to Get Certified in NevadaTechnically, surgical technicians do not need to be certified in order to work in Nevada health care settings, but most state employers require the certification. The most common and respected credential is the Certified Surgical Technician, CST, designation from the NBSTSA. To qualify as a CST, candidates must complete their training at approved schools and pass the national certification exam administered by NBSTSA.
Students may also consider pursuing a less common Tech in Surgery-Certified credential from the National Center for Competency Testing. Training and certification as a surgical first assistant is also provided at some schools.
Salaries for Surgical Technician in NevadaThe median salary for a surgical technologist in the U.S. was $41,790 in 2012. Nevada surgical technologists fare fare better, earning annual mean salaries of $54,590, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state’s top 10 percent of surgical technicians earn more than $74,000 a year.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant X-Ray Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS in Public Health
- MS Public Health
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in Nevada
|College of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas, NV||6375 W.Charleston Blvd.|
Las Vegas , NV - 89146
|Nevada Career Institute - Las Vegas, NV||3231 N Decatur Blvd|
Las Vegas , NV - 89130