Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in New MexicoSurgical technology is one of many medical fields that comes with more requirements beyond a college degree. While some hospitals in the state will hire techs right out of college and train them on the job, most employers want to know that their new employees have certification in hand. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers a computerized examination that you can take after college in a local testing center. The skills you learn in school and the time you spend working with patients in your clinical rotations will help you pass that test.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in New MexicoThe median annual salary reported by surgical techs working in New Mexico is on par with the median annual salary reported by those working in other states at just over $38,000. The top 10 percent of techs working in New Mexico make more than $46,000 a year. After passing your board examination and joining the workforce, you can expect to start out making closer to $31,000 a year. As you gain more experience, your overall earnings will likely increase too. Each of those colleges let you spend a portion of your studies in the classroom. You’ll work with medical professionals, including working nurses and surgical techs, who will teach you the ins and outs of working in the field. You can then gain field experience of your own through clinical rotations that you complete in local hospitals. That experience will help you easily transition from the classroom to the medical field.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Lab Technician
- Health Information Technology
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Fitness & Nutrition
Surgical Technician Campuses in New Mexico
|Brown Mackie College-Albuquerque - Albuquerque, NM||10500 Copper Ave NE|
Albuquerque , NM - 87123
|Central New Mexico Community College - Albuquerque, NM||525 Buena Vista SE|
Albuquerque , NM - 87106
|San Juan College - Farmington, NM||4601 College Boulevard|
Farmington , NM - 87402