Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in New MexicoSurgical technology is one of many medical fields that comes with more requirements beyond a college degree. While some hospitals in the state will hire techs right out of college and train them on the job, most employers want to know that their new employees have certification in hand. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers a computerized examination that you can take after college in a local testing center. The skills you learn in school and the time you spend working with patients in your clinical rotations will help you pass that test.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in New MexicoThe median annual salary reported by surgical techs working in New Mexico is on par with the median annual salary reported by those working in other states at just over $38,000. The top 10 percent of techs working in New Mexico make more than $46,000 a year. After passing your board examination and joining the workforce, you can expect to start out making closer to $31,000 a year. As you gain more experience, your overall earnings will likely increase too. Each of those colleges let you spend a portion of your studies in the classroom. You’ll work with medical professionals, including working nurses and surgical techs, who will teach you the ins and outs of working in the field. You can then gain field experience of your own through clinical rotations that you complete in local hospitals. That experience will help you easily transition from the classroom to the medical field.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Medical Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Surgical Technician Campuses in New Mexico
|Brown Mackie College-Albuquerque - Albuquerque, NM||10500 Copper Ave NE|
Albuquerque , NM - 87123
|Central New Mexico Community College - Albuquerque, NM||525 Buena Vista SE|
Albuquerque , NM - 87106
|San Juan College - Farmington, NM||4601 College Boulevard|
Farmington , NM - 87402