Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in New MexicoSurgical technology is one of many medical fields that comes with more requirements beyond a college degree. While some hospitals in the state will hire techs right out of college and train them on the job, most employers want to know that their new employees have certification in hand. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers a computerized examination that you can take after college in a local testing center. The skills you learn in school and the time you spend working with patients in your clinical rotations will help you pass that test.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in New MexicoThe median annual salary reported by surgical techs working in New Mexico is on par with the median annual salary reported by those working in other states at just over $38,000. The top 10 percent of techs working in New Mexico make more than $46,000 a year. After passing your board examination and joining the workforce, you can expect to start out making closer to $31,000 a year. As you gain more experience, your overall earnings will likely increase too. Each of those colleges let you spend a portion of your studies in the classroom. You’ll work with medical professionals, including working nurses and surgical techs, who will teach you the ins and outs of working in the field. You can then gain field experience of your own through clinical rotations that you complete in local hospitals. That experience will help you easily transition from the classroom to the medical field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Lab Technician
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Surgical Technician Campuses in New Mexico
|Brown Mackie College-Albuquerque - Albuquerque, NM||10500 Copper Ave NE|
Albuquerque , NM - 87123
|Central New Mexico Community College - Albuquerque, NM||525 Buena Vista SE|
Albuquerque , NM - 87106
|San Juan College - Farmington, NM||4601 College Boulevard|
Farmington , NM - 87402