Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in North DakotaWorking as a surgical technician or technologist in North Dakota requires that you have a license or certificate. Like most states, North Dakota asks that students sit for the examination administered by the National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. You must also apply for a license through the North Dakota Board of Nursing. Though you cannot obtain a nursing license, you can obtain a permit to work in unlicensed assistant personnel field. All applicants must successfully pass both a criminal background check and a medical examination before working in the state.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in North DakotaThe amount that surgical techs make varies greatly based on their level of experience. North Dakota surgical techs make a median annual salary of around $39,000, which equals $19 an hour. Those with the least amount of experience, which usually refers to recent graduates, make closer to $32,000 a year. Once you have some experience under your belt, you can make closer to $50,000 a year. Most techs also receive dental, vision and health insurance and paid time off for vacations or illnesses.
How to Get Certified in North DakotaNorth Dakota has a relatively small population in relation to its land size, which means that the state is home to fewer universities than you would find in other states. The only school that offers a dedicated surgical tech program is Bismarck State College in Bismarck, North Dakota. Students enrolled in the program must show proof of recent and up to date immunizations before completing their clinical rotations in nearby hospitals. All students must also maintain a high grade point average and receive a C or higher in some classes, which ensures they understood the coursework before working in the field.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Surgical Technician Campuses in North Dakota
|Bismarck State College||1500 Edwards Ave|
PO Box 5587
Bismarck , ND - 58506-5587