Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in North DakotaWorking as a surgical technician or technologist in North Dakota requires that you have a license or certificate. Like most states, North Dakota asks that students sit for the examination administered by the National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. You must also apply for a license through the North Dakota Board of Nursing. Though you cannot obtain a nursing license, you can obtain a permit to work in unlicensed assistant personnel field. All applicants must successfully pass both a criminal background check and a medical examination before working in the state.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in North DakotaThe amount that surgical techs make varies greatly based on their level of experience. North Dakota surgical techs make a median annual salary of around $39,000, which equals $19 an hour. Those with the least amount of experience, which usually refers to recent graduates, make closer to $32,000 a year. Once you have some experience under your belt, you can make closer to $50,000 a year. Most techs also receive dental, vision and health insurance and paid time off for vacations or illnesses.
How to Get Certified in North DakotaNorth Dakota has a relatively small population in relation to its land size, which means that the state is home to fewer universities than you would find in other states. The only school that offers a dedicated surgical tech program is Bismarck State College in Bismarck, North Dakota. Students enrolled in the program must show proof of recent and up to date immunizations before completing their clinical rotations in nearby hospitals. All students must also maintain a high grade point average and receive a C or higher in some classes, which ensures they understood the coursework before working in the field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in North Dakota
|Bismarck State College||1500 Edwards Ave|
PO Box 5587
Bismarck , ND - 58506-5587