Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in North DakotaWorking as a surgical technician or technologist in North Dakota requires that you have a license or certificate. Like most states, North Dakota asks that students sit for the examination administered by the National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. You must also apply for a license through the North Dakota Board of Nursing. Though you cannot obtain a nursing license, you can obtain a permit to work in unlicensed assistant personnel field. All applicants must successfully pass both a criminal background check and a medical examination before working in the state.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in North DakotaThe amount that surgical techs make varies greatly based on their level of experience. North Dakota surgical techs make a median annual salary of around $39,000, which equals $19 an hour. Those with the least amount of experience, which usually refers to recent graduates, make closer to $32,000 a year. Once you have some experience under your belt, you can make closer to $50,000 a year. Most techs also receive dental, vision and health insurance and paid time off for vacations or illnesses.
How to Get Certified in North DakotaNorth Dakota has a relatively small population in relation to its land size, which means that the state is home to fewer universities than you would find in other states. The only school that offers a dedicated surgical tech program is Bismarck State College in Bismarck, North Dakota. Students enrolled in the program must show proof of recent and up to date immunizations before completing their clinical rotations in nearby hospitals. All students must also maintain a high grade point average and receive a C or higher in some classes, which ensures they understood the coursework before working in the field.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Master of Science in Nursing
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Fitness & Nutrition
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Surgical Technician Campuses in North Dakota
|Bismarck State College||1500 Edwards Ave|
PO Box 5587
Bismarck , ND - 58506-5587