Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in OregonAttending surgical technology classes at nationally accredited schools is the best way to qualify for these ever-increasing job opportunities. Two organizations oversee the accreditation of qualified surgical technology programs: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Both organization’s websites offer easy-to-use search options to find accredited programs in Oregon. Oregon students can choose between two schools with accredited surgical technology programs. Mount Hood Community College in Gresham is the only public accredited college program and offers associate’s degrees to qualified surgical tech program participants. Portland’s Concorde Career College is the state’s only private college to present a nationally accredited surgical technology training program.
How to Get Certified in OregonOregon does not require surgical technologists to hold specific credentials in order to work in its hospitals, surgery centers or physician offices. However, many employers require that their surgical technologists hold a Certified Surgical Technician, or CST, credential. Students may earn the CST certification after completing a program accredited by the CAAHEP or ABHEST and passing a national exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technicians and Surgical Assisting. Those already working in the field in military and civilian settings who do not wish to complete an accredited program may consider pursuing a Tech in Surgery-Certified credential. Eligibility is limited to certain education/career paths and requires that applicants pass an exam administered by the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in OregonNational salaries for surgical technicians is strong, but most Oregon professionals earn better-than-average wages. The U.S. median annual wage for surgical techs in 2013 was $42,720. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the mean salary in Oregon was higher at $47,430. There are a few regional differences in salaries as well. Those working in the Eugene/Springfield area fare even better than the statewide mean, with salaries at $48,080. The highest paid surgical technologists in Oregon work in the Portland area, where they earn mean salaries of $49,490.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Patient Care Technician (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Health (BS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Medical Case Management Certificate, PB
- Medical Case Management, BS
- Health Care Management, GRC
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Oregon
|Concorde Career College-Portland - Portland, OR||1425 N.E. Irving Street|
Portland , OR - 97232
|Mt Hood Community College - Gresham, OR||26000 SE Stark Street |
Gresham , OR - 97030