Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in OregonAttending surgical technology classes at nationally accredited schools is the best way to qualify for these ever-increasing job opportunities. Two organizations oversee the accreditation of qualified surgical technology programs: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Both organization’s websites offer easy-to-use search options to find accredited programs in Oregon. Oregon students can choose between two schools with accredited surgical technology programs. Mount Hood Community College in Gresham is the only public accredited college program and offers associate’s degrees to qualified surgical tech program participants. Portland’s Concorde Career College is the state’s only private college to present a nationally accredited surgical technology training program.
How to Get Certified in OregonOregon does not require surgical technologists to hold specific credentials in order to work in its hospitals, surgery centers or physician offices. However, many employers require that their surgical technologists hold a Certified Surgical Technician, or CST, credential. Students may earn the CST certification after completing a program accredited by the CAAHEP or ABHEST and passing a national exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technicians and Surgical Assisting. Those already working in the field in military and civilian settings who do not wish to complete an accredited program may consider pursuing a Tech in Surgery-Certified credential. Eligibility is limited to certain education/career paths and requires that applicants pass an exam administered by the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in OregonNational salaries for surgical technicians is strong, but most Oregon professionals earn better-than-average wages. The U.S. median annual wage for surgical techs in 2013 was $42,720. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the mean salary in Oregon was higher at $47,430. There are a few regional differences in salaries as well. Those working in the Eugene/Springfield area fare even better than the statewide mean, with salaries at $48,080. The highest paid surgical technologists in Oregon work in the Portland area, where they earn mean salaries of $49,490.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Oregon
|Concorde Career College-Portland - Portland, OR||1425 N.E. Irving Street|
Portland , OR - 97232
|Mt Hood Community College - Gresham, OR||26000 SE Stark Street |
Gresham , OR - 97030