Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in OregonAttending surgical technology classes at nationally accredited schools is the best way to qualify for these ever-increasing job opportunities. Two organizations oversee the accreditation of qualified surgical technology programs: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Both organization’s websites offer easy-to-use search options to find accredited programs in Oregon. Oregon students can choose between two schools with accredited surgical technology programs. Mount Hood Community College in Gresham is the only public accredited college program and offers associate’s degrees to qualified surgical tech program participants. Portland’s Concorde Career College is the state’s only private college to present a nationally accredited surgical technology training program.
How to Get Certified in OregonOregon does not require surgical technologists to hold specific credentials in order to work in its hospitals, surgery centers or physician offices. However, many employers require that their surgical technologists hold a Certified Surgical Technician, or CST, credential. Students may earn the CST certification after completing a program accredited by the CAAHEP or ABHEST and passing a national exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technicians and Surgical Assisting. Those already working in the field in military and civilian settings who do not wish to complete an accredited program may consider pursuing a Tech in Surgery-Certified credential. Eligibility is limited to certain education/career paths and requires that applicants pass an exam administered by the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in OregonNational salaries for surgical technicians is strong, but most Oregon professionals earn better-than-average wages. The U.S. median annual wage for surgical techs in 2013 was $42,720. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the mean salary in Oregon was higher at $47,430. There are a few regional differences in salaries as well. Those working in the Eugene/Springfield area fare even better than the statewide mean, with salaries at $48,080. The highest paid surgical technologists in Oregon work in the Portland area, where they earn mean salaries of $49,490.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Pharmacy Technician
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Oregon
|Concorde Career College-Portland - Portland, OR||1425 N.E. Irving Street|
Portland , OR - 97232
|Mt Hood Community College - Gresham, OR||26000 SE Stark Street |
Gresham , OR - 97030