Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in OregonAttending surgical technology classes at nationally accredited schools is the best way to qualify for these ever-increasing job opportunities. Two organizations oversee the accreditation of qualified surgical technology programs: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Both organization’s websites offer easy-to-use search options to find accredited programs in Oregon. Oregon students can choose between two schools with accredited surgical technology programs. Mount Hood Community College in Gresham is the only public accredited college program and offers associate’s degrees to qualified surgical tech program participants. Portland’s Concorde Career College is the state’s only private college to present a nationally accredited surgical technology training program.
How to Get Certified in OregonOregon does not require surgical technologists to hold specific credentials in order to work in its hospitals, surgery centers or physician offices. However, many employers require that their surgical technologists hold a Certified Surgical Technician, or CST, credential. Students may earn the CST certification after completing a program accredited by the CAAHEP or ABHEST and passing a national exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technicians and Surgical Assisting. Those already working in the field in military and civilian settings who do not wish to complete an accredited program may consider pursuing a Tech in Surgery-Certified credential. Eligibility is limited to certain education/career paths and requires that applicants pass an exam administered by the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in OregonNational salaries for surgical technicians is strong, but most Oregon professionals earn better-than-average wages. The U.S. median annual wage for surgical techs in 2013 was $42,720. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the mean salary in Oregon was higher at $47,430. There are a few regional differences in salaries as well. Those working in the Eugene/Springfield area fare even better than the statewide mean, with salaries at $48,080. The highest paid surgical technologists in Oregon work in the Portland area, where they earn mean salaries of $49,490.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
- Patient Care Technician (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Oregon
|Concorde Career College-Portland - Portland, OR||1425 N.E. Irving Street|
Portland , OR - 97232
|Mt Hood Community College - Gresham, OR||26000 SE Stark Street |
Gresham , OR - 97030