Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in PennsylvaniaAs an aspiring surgical expert, it’s important to choose an accredited surgical analyst school. Pennsylvania does not currently have any requirements regarding training programs, but employers usually do. You’ll also want an accredited surgical analyst school because it’s usually a requirement or prerequisite for certification. As a surgical expert student, you’ll take medical classes and spend time in the operating room obtaining hands-on training. There are approximately 18 CAAHEP-accredited surgical expert schools in Pennsylvania. These schools offer various options ranging from certificate or diploma to degree programs.
How to Get Certified in PennsylvaniaPennsylvania does not require certification for its surgical analysts; however, employers usually prefer to hire surgical experts that are certified from a recognized agency like the National Board of Surgical Science and Surgical Assisting, which offers the Certified Surgical Specialist credential. Becoming certified requires passing a computer-based examination. Another credentialing agency is the National Center for Competency Testing. Continuing education courses are required to maintain certification.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in PennsylvaniaSalaries for surgical experts in Pennsylvania vary from city to city, with some below the national average and some above. Salary.com lists the median wage for surgical analysts in West Chester at $44,746, while those working in Philadelphia earned about $42,128. To the east of Philadelphia in Pittsburgh the average wage for surgical enthusiasts was $39,920. These figures are as of February, 2014. Certifications, level of training and education can also affect wages.
- Surgical Technology
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate in Specialized Technology
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate in Specialized Business
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Records
Surgical Technician Campuses in Pennsylvania
|Community College of Allegheny County||800 Allegheny Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15233||https://www.ccac.edu/|
|Conemaugh Health System in Johnstown||1086 Franklin St, Johnstown, PA 15905||http://www.conemaugh.org/|
|Delaware County Community College in Media||901 Media Line Rd, Media, PA 19063||https://www.dccc.edu/|
|Great Lakes Institute of Technology in Erie||5100 Peach St, Erie, PA 16509||http://www.glit.edu/|
|Harrisburg Area Community College in Harrisburg||1 HACC Dr, Harrisburg, PA 17110||http://www.hacc.edu/|
|Lackawanna College in Towanda||1024 S Main St, Towanda, PA 18848||http://www.lackawanna.edu|
|Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke||1333 S Prospect St, Nanticoke, PA 18634||http://www.luzerne.edu/default.jsp|
|McCann School of Business and Technology in Allentown, Carlisle, Hazelton and Sunbury||2200 North Irving Street, Allentown, PA 18109||https://www.mccann.edu|
|Montgomery County Community College in Pottstown||101 College Dr, Pottstown, PA 19464||http://www.mc3.edu/|
|Mount Aloysius College in Cresson||7373 Admiral Peary Hwy, Cresson, PA 16630||http://www.mtaloy.edu/|
|Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences in Lancaster||850 Greenfield Rd, Lancaster, PA 17601||http://www.pacollege.edu/|
|Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport||1 College Ave, Williamsport, PA 17701||https://www.pct.edu/|
|Pittsburgh Technical Institute in Oakdale||1111 McKee Rd, Oakdale, PA 15071||https://www.ptcollege.edu/|
|Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in Reading||1025 Old Wyomissing Rd, Reading, PA 19611||https://www.readinghealth.org|