Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in PhiladelphiaThe best schools with a surgical technology program in Philadelphia have accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Better known by its abbreviation of CAAHEP, it is responsible for ensuring that those programs have high completion and graduation rates and that the programs offer the training and education that students need before working as surgical techs. Those technicians keep track of the vital statistics of patients and offer assistance when the doctor or nurse needs. Philadelphia is home to several programs that offer this level of education.
How to Get Certified in PhiladelphiaThe National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting administers the examination required of surgical technicians. Those applying to take the test must fill out an application form and show proof that they attended an accredited college program. The NBSTSA requires that applicants also show a copy of their transcripts that lists all the classes they took and their grades. Applicants will also need to submit a notarized letter from the director of the program they attended. Only after sending in those documents and paying the associated fee can applicants take the test. Passing the test gives them certification in Philadelphia.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in PhiladelphiaStudents often want to know more about how much they can make when working in the field. Those living in Philadelphia and working as surgical techs earn a median salary of $43,751 a year. The median wage reported among the highest earners in the field is $52,957, and the bottom 10 percent of all Philadelphia techs make $35,616 a year. The bottom 10 percent of earners are usually recent graduates.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Philadelphia
|Star Career Academy||9173 Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19114||starcareer.edu|
|Lincoln Technical Institute||3600 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104||http://www.lincolntech.edu/|