Find Surgical Technician Schools in Rhode IslandRhode Island is one of several states that requires its surgical techs to have certification before working in the medical field. Obtaining that certification requires that you have a college degree in hand first. Your training will include both classroom work and practical work. Practical work, also known as clinical rotations, occurs after you gain some valuable knowledge in the classroom. You’ll receive an assignment with a hospital or an office during, and you’ll work there for a set period of time each week. Students usually need to pay for the appropriate uniforms and shoes to wear during those clinical experiences. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting will only let you take the certification exam after completing your degree program.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Rhode IslandThe beginning salary for surgical techs who recently completed a degree program is just $10 an hour, but some new graduates can make up to $35,000 a year. The median salary that you can expect to make after working in the state for several years is around $43,000 a year. There is a chance that you can make $50,000 or more per year while working as a surgical tech.
How to Get Certified in Rhode IslandThe only Rhode Island school that offers a surgical technology program is the New England Institute of Technology. Its location in East Greenwich makes it a popular choice for students interested in medical training programs and for those living in nearby towns. Students have the option of completing a degree in two years or finishing a certificate program in just nine months. The best program for you depends on where you hope to work and how much you hope to make after graduating.
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Surgical Technology
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Rhode Island
|New England Institute of Technology - East Greenwich, RI||One New England Tech Blvd.|
East Greenwich , RI - 02818