Find Surgical Technician Schools in Rhode IslandRhode Island is one of several states that requires its surgical techs to have certification before working in the medical field. Obtaining that certification requires that you have a college degree in hand first. Your training will include both classroom work and practical work. Practical work, also known as clinical rotations, occurs after you gain some valuable knowledge in the classroom. You’ll receive an assignment with a hospital or an office during, and you’ll work there for a set period of time each week. Students usually need to pay for the appropriate uniforms and shoes to wear during those clinical experiences. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting will only let you take the certification exam after completing your degree program.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Rhode IslandThe beginning salary for surgical techs who recently completed a degree program is just $10 an hour, but some new graduates can make up to $35,000 a year. The median salary that you can expect to make after working in the state for several years is around $43,000 a year. There is a chance that you can make $50,000 or more per year while working as a surgical tech.
How to Get Certified in Rhode IslandThe only Rhode Island school that offers a surgical technology program is the New England Institute of Technology. Its location in East Greenwich makes it a popular choice for students interested in medical training programs and for those living in nearby towns. Students have the option of completing a degree in two years or finishing a certificate program in just nine months. The best program for you depends on where you hope to work and how much you hope to make after graduating.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Surgical Technician Campuses in Rhode Island
|New England Institute of Technology - East Greenwich, RI||One New England Tech Blvd.|
East Greenwich , RI - 02818