Surgical Technician Schools in SacramentoSurgical technologists or technicians are the medical professionals who use their knowledge of surgical procedures and instrumentation to assist licensed surgeons during surgeries and other medical procedures. Learn how you can work as surgical tech in Sacramento.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Sacramento
If working as a surgery technologist interests you, you must first complete an accredited training program on surgical technology. These programs, which offer certificates and degrees, can be found at community colleges, technical colleges and in some hospitals. The program requires students to pass certain medical classes and also spend a specific number of hours in a supervised internship in an operating room.
To be sure to meet state requirements, students should look for surgery technology programs that are listed as being ABHES- accredited or CAAHEP-accredited because those are the two most commonly approved and recognized programs.
How to Get Certified in Sacramento
Although you’re not required to be certified to work in Sacramento, the State of California does require that you complete an approved training program and be nationally certified if you want to use the Certified Surgical Technician (CST) credential, which is preferred by most employers. To obtain this certification, you must pass an examination through a certification agency such as the NBSTSA or the NCCT.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Sacramento
Surgery technicians working in Sacramento earn wages that are above the national average, according to Salary.com. As of an October 2014 report, techs in Sacramento earned an average yearly salary of $45,200. From lowest to highest, the wages ranged from $36,794 to $54,707. Factors that can affect wages include certifications obtained, experience,level of training and place of employment.
Matching School Ads
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Sacramento
|Carrington College California-Citrus Heights - Citrus Heights, CA||7301 Greenback Lane, Ste. A|
Citrus Heights , CA - 95621
|Las Positas College - Livermore, CA||3000 Campus Hill Drive|
Livermore , CA - 94551
|Mt Diablo Adult Education - Concord, CA||1266 San Carlos Avenue|
Concord , CA - 94518-
|Skyline College - San Bruno, CA||3300 College Drive |
San Bruno , CA - 94066-