Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in San Diego
Becoming a surgical technologist requires completing a training program in surgical technology. These one or two-year programs may offer either certificates or degrees. When choosing a school, it’s important to look for schools that are either CAAHEP-accredited or ABHES-accredited because this is a requirement for certification. As a student in a surgical tech program, you’ll complete lab classes, medical courses and a clinical internship working in an operating room to obtain hands-on training.
How to Get Certified in San Diego
Certification is not required by law for surgical techs working in San Diego. However, the state of California mandates that individuals must complete an accredited program and obtain national certification before they can use the credential of Certified Surgical Technician (CST). One cannot become certified without completing an accredited training program. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) offers the CST certification exam. The Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) credential can be earned by passing an exam through the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in San Diego
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the highest wages for surgical technologists are in the state of California. As of September 2014, surgical techs working in San Diego earned annual wages that ranged from $35.995 to more than $53,000 with the average annual wage at $44,217, according to Salary.com.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Surgical Technician Campuses in San Diego
|Concorde Career College||4393 Imperial Ave #100, San Diego, CA 92113||http://www.concorde.edu/|
|MiraCosta College||1 Barnard Dr, Oceanside, CA 92056||http://www.miracosta.edu/|