How To Get Certified In South CarolinaTo become certified in the field of surgical technology, a candidate first needs to achieve the proper training and an Associate’s Degree through an accredited program. Once the individual has successfully completed their education, they can sit for the CST, or Certified Surgical Technician exam, which is offered through The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. South Carolina is currently one of three states that in which certification is required for an individual to practice in this field. Continuing education requirements are either the completion of 60 credits or the retaking of the certification exam every four years.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in South CarolinaThe salary range for surgical techs in South Carolina varies depending on a multitude of factors that include experience, education and location. On the lower end, salaries fall between $28,891 and $42,906, with a median salary of $35,489. The middle range is between $30,417 and $45,224, with a median salary of $37,363. The highest range is between $33,677 and $50,072, with a median salary of $41,368. As an individual gains experience and continuing education, the salary can be expected to increase.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AS - Surgical Technology
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate of Applied Science
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Surgical Technology
- AAS Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- AAS Radiologic Technology
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Surgical Technician Campuses in South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College - Aiken, SC||PO Drawer 696|
Aiken , SC - 29802-0696
|Brown Mackie College - Greenville - Greenville, SC||Two Liberty Square|
75 Beattie Place, Ste. 100
Greenville , SC - 29601
|Central Carolina Technical College - Sumter, SC||506 North Guignard Drive |
Sumter , SC - 25190
|Florence-Darlington Technical College - Florence, SC||P.O. Box 100548|
Florence , SC - 29501
|Greenville Technical College - Greenville, SC||506 South Pleasantburg Drive|
Greenville , SC - 29606
|Horry Georgetown Technical College - Conway, SC||4003 South Fraser Street|
Georgetown , SC - 29440-9620
|Midlands Technical College - West Columbia, SC||P.O. BOX 2408 |
Columbia , SC - 29202
|Miller-Motte Technical College-Charleston - North Charleston, SC||8085 Rivers Avenue |
Charleston , SC - 29406
|Piedmont Technical College - Greenwood, SC||620 North Emerald Rd.|
Greenwood , SC - 29646
|Spartanburg Community College - Spartanburg, SC||PO Box 4386|
Business Interstate 85 at New Cut Rd.
Spartanburg , SC - 29305
|Technical College of the Lowcountry - Beaufort, SC||921 Ribaut Rd.|
Beaufort , SC - 29901
|Tri-County Technical College - Pendleton, SC||PO Box 587|
Pendleton , SC - 29670
|Virginia College of Greenville - Greenville, SC||78 Global Drive|
Greenville , SC - 29607
|Virginia College-Charleston - North Charleston, SC||6185 Rivers Ave.|
North Charleston , SC - 29406
|Virginia College-Columbia - Columbia, SC||7201 Two Notch Rd|
Columbia , SC - 29223
|York Technical College - Rock Hill, SC||452 S Anderson Rd |
Rock Hill , SC - 29730