How To Get Certified In South CarolinaTo become certified in the field of surgical technology, a candidate first needs to achieve the proper training and an Associate’s Degree through an accredited program. Once the individual has successfully completed their education, they can sit for the CST, or Certified Surgical Technician exam, which is offered through The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. South Carolina is currently one of three states that in which certification is required for an individual to practice in this field. Continuing education requirements are either the completion of 60 credits or the retaking of the certification exam every four years.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in South CarolinaThe salary range for surgical techs in South Carolina varies depending on a multitude of factors that include experience, education and location. On the lower end, salaries fall between $28,891 and $42,906, with a median salary of $35,489. The middle range is between $30,417 and $45,224, with a median salary of $37,363. The highest range is between $33,677 and $50,072, with a median salary of $41,368. As an individual gains experience and continuing education, the salary can be expected to increase.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Surgical Technology
- AS Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- AAS Radiologic Technology
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AAS - Surgical Technology
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Surgical Technician Campuses in South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College - Aiken, SC||PO Drawer 696|
Aiken , SC - 29802-0696
|Brown Mackie College - Greenville - Greenville, SC||Two Liberty Square|
75 Beattie Place, Ste. 100
Greenville , SC - 29601
|Central Carolina Technical College - Sumter, SC||506 North Guignard Drive |
Sumter , SC - 25190
|Florence-Darlington Technical College - Florence, SC||P.O. Box 100548|
Florence , SC - 29501
|Greenville Technical College - Greenville, SC||506 South Pleasantburg Drive|
Greenville , SC - 29606
|Horry Georgetown Technical College - Conway, SC||4003 South Fraser Street|
Georgetown , SC - 29440-9620
|Midlands Technical College - West Columbia, SC||P.O. BOX 2408 |
Columbia , SC - 29202
|Miller-Motte Technical College-Charleston - North Charleston, SC||8085 Rivers Avenue |
Charleston , SC - 29406
|Piedmont Technical College - Greenwood, SC||620 North Emerald Rd.|
Greenwood , SC - 29646
|Spartanburg Community College - Spartanburg, SC||PO Box 4386|
Business Interstate 85 at New Cut Rd.
Spartanburg , SC - 29305
|Technical College of the Lowcountry - Beaufort, SC||921 Ribaut Rd.|
Beaufort , SC - 29901
|Tri-County Technical College - Pendleton, SC||PO Box 587|
Pendleton , SC - 29670
|Virginia College of Greenville - Greenville, SC||78 Global Drive|
Greenville , SC - 29607
|Virginia College-Charleston - North Charleston, SC||6185 Rivers Ave.|
North Charleston , SC - 29406
|Virginia College-Columbia - Columbia, SC||7201 Two Notch Rd|
Columbia , SC - 29223
|York Technical College - Rock Hill, SC||452 S Anderson Rd |
Rock Hill , SC - 29730