The State of Utah is a leader in providing patients with high-quality medical centers. Due to their facilities, there has been an increase in the need for surgical technicians. To gain employment as a surgical technician, it is necessary to complete an accredited surgical technology program. In the State of Utah, there are dozens of viable options throughout the state. The most common are community colleges, technical colleges.
How To Get Certified In Utah
To attain certification in the State of Utah, you must complete a certification program and become certified by one of the two certification institutions – the National Center for Competency Testing or National Board of Surgical Technology. These institutions issue you our license once you complete a certification program. The certification programs in Utah can range from a simple course certificate to a more advanced associates degree that is attained from either a community college or a University. These advanced programs each span two years.
After completing your program in the State of Utah, you are required to take the certification exam that is issued by one of the state’s two certification institutions. Because the courses that you take are meant to prepare you for the exam, it is best to undergo the associate’s degree. In addition to preparing you for the exam, an associate’s degree in the area will prepare you better for the career, it’ll aid when searching for employment, and it can even work to increase your salary.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Utah
As stated above, Utah is one of the leading states in medical facilities, which means that surgical technicians are in demand. According to statistics, a surgical technician in the State of Utah can expect to earn $34,000 per year. This is a basic starting salary, and with the right education, credentials, and experience, it isn’t difficult to gain raises.
The State of Utah’s surgical technology programs are known to be challenging and advanced due to the need of passing a certification exam. Completing these programs and attaining your certification can provide you with the opportunity for a great and successful career.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Surgical Technologist (AOS)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Basic X-ray Technician
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
At Broadveiw University, we prepare students for exciting careers in high-value fields. Imagine getting paid for what you love doing. It all starts with career-based training at Broadview University.
- Associate in Applied Science in Veterinary Technology
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Surgical Technician Campuses in Utah
|Ameritech College - Provo, UT||2035 North 550 W |
Provo , UT - 84604
|Davis Applied Technology College - Kaysville, UT||550 East 300 South |
Kaysville , UT - 84037
|Dixie State University - St. George, UT||225 South 700 East|
St. George , UT - 84770
|Everest College-West Valley City - West Valley City, UT||3280 West 3500 South|
West Valley City , UT - 84119
|Salt Lake Community College - Salt Lake City, UT||9301 s. Wights Fort Road|
West Jordan , UT - 84088
|Stevens Henager College-Ogden - Ogden, UT||1890 South 1350 W|
Ogden , UT - 84401