The State of Utah is a leader in providing patients with high-quality medical centers. Due to their facilities, there has been an increase in the need for surgical technicians. To gain employment as a surgical technician, it is necessary to complete an accredited surgical technology program. In the State of Utah, there are dozens of viable options throughout the state. The most common are community colleges, technical colleges.
How To Get Certified In Utah
To attain certification in the State of Utah, you must complete a certification program and become certified by one of the two certification institutions – the National Center for Competency Testing or National Board of Surgical Technology. These institutions issue you our license once you complete a certification program. The certification programs in Utah can range from a simple course certificate to a more advanced associates degree that is attained from either a community college or a University. These advanced programs each span two years.
After completing your program in the State of Utah, you are required to take the certification exam that is issued by one of the state’s two certification institutions. Because the courses that you take are meant to prepare you for the exam, it is best to undergo the associate’s degree. In addition to preparing you for the exam, an associate’s degree in the area will prepare you better for the career, it’ll aid when searching for employment, and it can even work to increase your salary.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Utah
As stated above, Utah is one of the leading states in medical facilities, which means that surgical technicians are in demand. According to statistics, a surgical technician in the State of Utah can expect to earn $34,000 per year. This is a basic starting salary, and with the right education, credentials, and experience, it isn’t difficult to gain raises.
The State of Utah’s surgical technology programs are known to be challenging and advanced due to the need of passing a certification exam. Completing these programs and attaining your certification can provide you with the opportunity for a great and successful career.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Surgical Technologist (AOS)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Basic X-ray Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Veterinary Assistant
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Surgical Technician Campuses in Utah
|Ameritech College - Provo, UT||2035 North 550 W |
Provo , UT - 84604
|Davis Applied Technology College - Kaysville, UT||550 East 300 South |
Kaysville , UT - 84037
|Dixie State University - St. George, UT||225 South 700 East|
St. George , UT - 84770
|Everest College-West Valley City - West Valley City, UT||3280 West 3500 South|
West Valley City , UT - 84119
|Salt Lake Community College - Salt Lake City, UT||9301 s. Wights Fort Road|
West Jordan , UT - 84088
|Stevens Henager College-Ogden - Ogden, UT||1890 South 1350 W|
Ogden , UT - 84401