The State of Utah is a leader in providing patients with high-quality medical centers. Due to their facilities, there has been an increase in the need for surgical technicians. To gain employment as a surgical technician, it is necessary to complete an accredited surgical technology program. In the State of Utah, there are dozens of viable options throughout the state. The most common are community colleges, technical colleges.
How To Get Certified In Utah
To attain certification in the State of Utah, you must complete a certification program and become certified by one of the two certification institutions – the National Center for Competency Testing or National Board of Surgical Technology. These institutions issue you our license once you complete a certification program. The certification programs in Utah can range from a simple course certificate to a more advanced associates degree that is attained from either a community college or a University. These advanced programs each span two years.
After completing your program in the State of Utah, you are required to take the certification exam that is issued by one of the state’s two certification institutions. Because the courses that you take are meant to prepare you for the exam, it is best to undergo the associate’s degree. In addition to preparing you for the exam, an associate’s degree in the area will prepare you better for the career, it’ll aid when searching for employment, and it can even work to increase your salary.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Utah
As stated above, Utah is one of the leading states in medical facilities, which means that surgical technicians are in demand. According to statistics, a surgical technician in the State of Utah can expect to earn $34,000 per year. This is a basic starting salary, and with the right education, credentials, and experience, it isn’t difficult to gain raises.
The State of Utah’s surgical technology programs are known to be challenging and advanced due to the need of passing a certification exam. Completing these programs and attaining your certification can provide you with the opportunity for a great and successful career.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Surgical Technologist (AOS)
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
At Broadveiw University, we prepare students for exciting careers in high-value fields. Imagine getting paid for what you love doing. It all starts with career-based training at Broadview University.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management Emphasis
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Surgical Technician Campuses in Utah
|Ameritech College - Provo, UT||2035 North 550 W |
Provo , UT - 84604
|Davis Applied Technology College - Kaysville, UT||550 East 300 South |
Kaysville , UT - 84037
|Dixie State University - St. George, UT||225 South 700 East|
St. George , UT - 84770
|Everest College-West Valley City - West Valley City, UT||3280 West 3500 South|
West Valley City , UT - 84119
|Salt Lake Community College - Salt Lake City, UT||9301 s. Wights Fort Road|
West Jordan , UT - 84088
|Stevens Henager College-Ogden - Ogden, UT||1890 South 1350 W|
Ogden , UT - 84401