How To Get Certified In West VirginiaAlthough certification is not required in West Virginia, many employers prefer to hire those who have obtained it. To become certified, an individual must first earn a minimum of an associate’s degree through an accredited training program. Once they have their degree, they will be allowed to take the Certified Surgical Technician exam, or CST, which is offered through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NBSTS. To maintain certification, 60 credits of continuing education are required over a four-year period. Alternatively, a person may opt to retake the CST every four years.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in West VirginiaIn the state of West Virginia, the salary that a surgical technician earns is based on various factors that include things like work experience, certification and amount of education. Those who fall in the lower end of the range earn a salary between $28,250 and $42,002, with a median salary of $34,701. In the middle range, the amount falls between $29,202 and $43,417, with a median salary of $35,870. The high end ranges between $31,112 and $46,258, with a median salary of $38,213. The more experience a surgical technician gains, the more their salary continues to increase.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Surgical Technician Campuses in West Virginia
|Carver Career and Technical Education Center - Charleston, WV||4799 Midland Drive |
Charleston , WV - 25306-6397
|James Rumsey Technical Institute - Martinsburg, WV||3274 Hedgesville Road|
Martinsburg , WV - 25403
|Monongalia County Technical Education Center - Morgantown, WV||1000 Mississippi Street|
Morgantown , WV - 26501
|Southern West Virginia Community & Technical College - Mt. Gay, WV||PO Box 2900 |
Dempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay , WV - 25637
|West Virginia Northern Community College - Wheeling, WV||704 Market Street |
Wheeling , WV - 26003
|West Virginia University - Parkersburg, WV||300 Campus Drive|
Parkersburg , WV - 26104