How To Get Certified In West VirginiaAlthough certification is not required in West Virginia, many employers prefer to hire those who have obtained it. To become certified, an individual must first earn a minimum of an associate’s degree through an accredited training program. Once they have their degree, they will be allowed to take the Certified Surgical Technician exam, or CST, which is offered through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NBSTS. To maintain certification, 60 credits of continuing education are required over a four-year period. Alternatively, a person may opt to retake the CST every four years.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in West VirginiaIn the state of West Virginia, the salary that a surgical technician earns is based on various factors that include things like work experience, certification and amount of education. Those who fall in the lower end of the range earn a salary between $28,250 and $42,002, with a median salary of $34,701. In the middle range, the amount falls between $29,202 and $43,417, with a median salary of $35,870. The high end ranges between $31,112 and $46,258, with a median salary of $38,213. The more experience a surgical technician gains, the more their salary continues to increase.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Health Information Management - Associate's
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Informatics Specialization
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Surgical Technician Campuses in West Virginia
|Carver Career and Technical Education Center - Charleston, WV||4799 Midland Drive |
Charleston , WV - 25306-6397
|James Rumsey Technical Institute - Martinsburg, WV||3274 Hedgesville Road|
Martinsburg , WV - 25403
|Monongalia County Technical Education Center - Morgantown, WV||1000 Mississippi Street|
Morgantown , WV - 26501
|Southern West Virginia Community & Technical College - Mt. Gay, WV||PO Box 2900 |
Dempsey Branch Road
Mount Gay , WV - 25637
|West Virginia Northern Community College - Wheeling, WV||704 Market Street |
Wheeling , WV - 26003
|West Virginia University - Parkersburg, WV||300 Campus Drive|
Parkersburg , WV - 26104