Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in WisconsinTo work as a surgical technologist, you must complete either a certificate/diploma or associate degree program in surgical technology from an accredited school. Look for surgical technology programs that are accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. Surgical technology continues to be a growing field much in demand. In 2012, the CAAHEP and ABHES accredited about 500 surgical technology programs.
How To Get Certified In WisconsinOnce you’ve completed your training program, you’ll want to obtain certification as a Certified Surgical Technician (CST) or Tech in Surgery – Certified (NCCT). Certification may be voluntary but can really improve your employment options or earning potential.
You can earn certification by passing an examination through either the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or the National Center for Competency Testing. One of the requirements for taking the certification exam is to complete an accredited training program.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in WisconsinAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Wisconsin may be a good state for surgical technicians to work. Salaries for surgical technicians or technologists in Wisconsin were slightly higher than what surgical technologists earned across the nation. As of May 2013, the mean annual wage for surgical technologists in Wisconsin was $48,480 while the national average for these professionals was $44,420. Place of employment, experience and geographic location all play a role in affecting salaries.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Health Information Technology
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Surgical Technician Campuses in Wisconsin
|Chippewa Valley Technical College - Eau Claire, WI||620 West Clairemont Avenue|
Eau Claire , WI - 54701-6162
|Gateway Technical College-Kenosha - Kenosha, WI||3520 30th Avenue |
Kenosha , WI - 53144
|Madison Area Technical College - Madison, WI||1701 Wright Street|
1705 Hoffman Street
Madison , WI - 53704
|Mid-State Technical College - Wisconsin Rapids, WI||2600 West Fifth Street|
Marshfield , WI - 54449
|Milwaukee Area Technical College - Milwaukee, WI||700 West State Street |
Milwaukee , WI - 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College - Fond Du Lac, WI||235 N. National Avenue, E152|
Fond du Lac , WI - 54936-1940
|Northcentral Technical College - Wausau, WI||1000 Campus Drive|
Wausau , WI - 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College - Green Bay, WI||2740 West Mason Street |
Green Bay , WI - 54307
|Waukesha County Technical College - Pewaukee, WI||800 Main Street |
c/o Trish Wittig, RN, MSN
Pewaukee , WI - 53186
|Western Technical College - La Crosse, WI||400 7th Street North |
La Crosse , WI - 54601