Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in WisconsinTo work as a surgical technologist, you must complete either a certificate/diploma or associate degree program in surgical technology from an accredited school. Look for surgical technology programs that are accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. Surgical technology continues to be a growing field much in demand. In 2012, the CAAHEP and ABHES accredited about 500 surgical technology programs.
How To Get Certified In WisconsinOnce you’ve completed your training program, you’ll want to obtain certification as a Certified Surgical Technician (CST) or Tech in Surgery – Certified (NCCT). Certification may be voluntary but can really improve your employment options or earning potential.
You can earn certification by passing an examination through either the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or the National Center for Competency Testing. One of the requirements for taking the certification exam is to complete an accredited training program.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in WisconsinAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Wisconsin may be a good state for surgical technicians to work. Salaries for surgical technicians or technologists in Wisconsin were slightly higher than what surgical technologists earned across the nation. As of May 2013, the mean annual wage for surgical technologists in Wisconsin was $48,480 while the national average for these professionals was $44,420. Place of employment, experience and geographic location all play a role in affecting salaries.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Health Information Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in Wisconsin
|Chippewa Valley Technical College - Eau Claire, WI||620 West Clairemont Avenue|
Eau Claire , WI - 54701-6162
|Gateway Technical College-Kenosha - Kenosha, WI||3520 30th Avenue |
Kenosha , WI - 53144
|Madison Area Technical College - Madison, WI||1701 Wright Street|
1705 Hoffman Street
Madison , WI - 53704
|Mid-State Technical College - Wisconsin Rapids, WI||2600 West Fifth Street|
Marshfield , WI - 54449
|Milwaukee Area Technical College - Milwaukee, WI||700 West State Street |
Milwaukee , WI - 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College - Fond Du Lac, WI||235 N. National Avenue, E152|
Fond du Lac , WI - 54936-1940
|Northcentral Technical College - Wausau, WI||1000 Campus Drive|
Wausau , WI - 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College - Green Bay, WI||2740 West Mason Street |
Green Bay , WI - 54307
|Waukesha County Technical College - Pewaukee, WI||800 Main Street |
c/o Trish Wittig, RN, MSN
Pewaukee , WI - 53186
|Western Technical College - La Crosse, WI||400 7th Street North |
La Crosse , WI - 54601