Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in WisconsinTo work as a surgical technologist, you must complete either a certificate/diploma or associate degree program in surgical technology from an accredited school. Look for surgical technology programs that are accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. Surgical technology continues to be a growing field much in demand. In 2012, the CAAHEP and ABHES accredited about 500 surgical technology programs.
How To Get Certified In WisconsinOnce you’ve completed your training program, you’ll want to obtain certification as a Certified Surgical Technician (CST) or Tech in Surgery – Certified (NCCT). Certification may be voluntary but can really improve your employment options or earning potential.
You can earn certification by passing an examination through either the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or the National Center for Competency Testing. One of the requirements for taking the certification exam is to complete an accredited training program.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in WisconsinAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Wisconsin may be a good state for surgical technicians to work. Salaries for surgical technicians or technologists in Wisconsin were slightly higher than what surgical technologists earned across the nation. As of May 2013, the mean annual wage for surgical technologists in Wisconsin was $48,480 while the national average for these professionals was $44,420. Place of employment, experience and geographic location all play a role in affecting salaries.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Health Information Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in Wisconsin
|Chippewa Valley Technical College - Eau Claire, WI||620 West Clairemont Avenue|
Eau Claire , WI - 54701-6162
|Gateway Technical College-Kenosha - Kenosha, WI||3520 30th Avenue |
Kenosha , WI - 53144
|Madison Area Technical College - Madison, WI||1701 Wright Street|
1705 Hoffman Street
Madison , WI - 53704
|Mid-State Technical College - Wisconsin Rapids, WI||2600 West Fifth Street|
Marshfield , WI - 54449
|Milwaukee Area Technical College - Milwaukee, WI||700 West State Street |
Milwaukee , WI - 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College - Fond Du Lac, WI||235 N. National Avenue, E152|
Fond du Lac , WI - 54936-1940
|Northcentral Technical College - Wausau, WI||1000 Campus Drive|
Wausau , WI - 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College - Green Bay, WI||2740 West Mason Street |
Green Bay , WI - 54307
|Waukesha County Technical College - Pewaukee, WI||800 Main Street |
c/o Trish Wittig, RN, MSN
Pewaukee , WI - 53186
|Western Technical College - La Crosse, WI||400 7th Street North |
La Crosse , WI - 54601