Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in WisconsinTo work as a surgical technologist, you must complete either a certificate/diploma or associate degree program in surgical technology from an accredited school. Look for surgical technology programs that are accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. Surgical technology continues to be a growing field much in demand. In 2012, the CAAHEP and ABHES accredited about 500 surgical technology programs.
How To Get Certified In WisconsinOnce you’ve completed your training program, you’ll want to obtain certification as a Certified Surgical Technician (CST) or Tech in Surgery – Certified (NCCT). Certification may be voluntary but can really improve your employment options or earning potential.
You can earn certification by passing an examination through either the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or the National Center for Competency Testing. One of the requirements for taking the certification exam is to complete an accredited training program.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in WisconsinAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Wisconsin may be a good state for surgical technicians to work. Salaries for surgical technicians or technologists in Wisconsin were slightly higher than what surgical technologists earned across the nation. As of May 2013, the mean annual wage for surgical technologists in Wisconsin was $48,480 while the national average for these professionals was $44,420. Place of employment, experience and geographic location all play a role in affecting salaries.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
Surgical Technician Campuses in Wisconsin
|Chippewa Valley Technical College - Eau Claire, WI||620 West Clairemont Avenue|
Eau Claire , WI - 54701-6162
|Gateway Technical College-Kenosha - Kenosha, WI||3520 30th Avenue |
Kenosha , WI - 53144
|Madison Area Technical College - Madison, WI||1701 Wright Street|
1705 Hoffman Street
Madison , WI - 53704
|Mid-State Technical College - Wisconsin Rapids, WI||2600 West Fifth Street|
Marshfield , WI - 54449
|Milwaukee Area Technical College - Milwaukee, WI||700 West State Street |
Milwaukee , WI - 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College - Fond Du Lac, WI||235 N. National Avenue, E152|
Fond du Lac , WI - 54936-1940
|Northcentral Technical College - Wausau, WI||1000 Campus Drive|
Wausau , WI - 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College - Green Bay, WI||2740 West Mason Street |
Green Bay , WI - 54307
|Waukesha County Technical College - Pewaukee, WI||800 Main Street |
c/o Trish Wittig, RN, MSN
Pewaukee , WI - 53186
|Western Technical College - La Crosse, WI||400 7th Street North |
La Crosse , WI - 54601