Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in WisconsinTo work as a surgical technologist, you must complete either a certificate/diploma or associate degree program in surgical technology from an accredited school. Look for surgical technology programs that are accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. Surgical technology continues to be a growing field much in demand. In 2012, the CAAHEP and ABHES accredited about 500 surgical technology programs.
How To Get Certified In WisconsinOnce you’ve completed your training program, you’ll want to obtain certification as a Certified Surgical Technician (CST) or Tech in Surgery – Certified (NCCT). Certification may be voluntary but can really improve your employment options or earning potential.
You can earn certification by passing an examination through either the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or the National Center for Competency Testing. One of the requirements for taking the certification exam is to complete an accredited training program.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in WisconsinAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Wisconsin may be a good state for surgical technicians to work. Salaries for surgical technicians or technologists in Wisconsin were slightly higher than what surgical technologists earned across the nation. As of May 2013, the mean annual wage for surgical technologists in Wisconsin was $48,480 while the national average for these professionals was $44,420. Place of employment, experience and geographic location all play a role in affecting salaries.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Surgical Technician Campuses in Wisconsin
|Chippewa Valley Technical College - Eau Claire, WI||620 West Clairemont Avenue|
Eau Claire , WI - 54701-6162
|Gateway Technical College-Kenosha - Kenosha, WI||3520 30th Avenue |
Kenosha , WI - 53144
|Madison Area Technical College - Madison, WI||1701 Wright Street|
1705 Hoffman Street
Madison , WI - 53704
|Mid-State Technical College - Wisconsin Rapids, WI||2600 West Fifth Street|
Marshfield , WI - 54449
|Milwaukee Area Technical College - Milwaukee, WI||700 West State Street |
Milwaukee , WI - 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College - Fond Du Lac, WI||235 N. National Avenue, E152|
Fond du Lac , WI - 54936-1940
|Northcentral Technical College - Wausau, WI||1000 Campus Drive|
Wausau , WI - 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College - Green Bay, WI||2740 West Mason Street |
Green Bay , WI - 54307
|Waukesha County Technical College - Pewaukee, WI||800 Main Street |
c/o Trish Wittig, RN, MSN
Pewaukee , WI - 53186
|Western Technical College - La Crosse, WI||400 7th Street North |
La Crosse , WI - 54601