The State of Arizona features some great accredited surgical technology programs. Most of these programs can be found throughout the state in the state's many technical schools. A few of the most popular technical schools for an accredited surgical technology degree are Gateway Community College, Mayo School of Health, Evit, Northern Arizona University, and Brown Mackie College. When assessing these schools, it is important to take into account their location, the duration of the program, and the certification process.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Arizona
To attain certification as a surgical technician in the State of Arizona, it is necessary to complete a certification program that is commonly offered among the state's community colleges. The three certification options are:
- Certificate for Completion in Surgical Technology for the Operating Room Nurse
- Certificate for Completion in Surgical Technology
- Associate in Applied Science Degree in Surgical Technology
Each of these options are viable options for those looking to attain certification. However, it is best to keep in mind that the associate's degree increase your job prospects, earning potential, and knowledge in the field. Once the certificate or the degree is attained, you can gain employment as an entry level surgical technician without any further examination.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Arizona
As home to some outstanding medical centers, Arizona is always in need for surgical technicians. The current median salary for a surgical technician is $35,000 per year. Over time, as you gain experience and education, the salary does see an upward mobility. Individuals that stay in the field and gain more experience and education can ready $45,000 a year. This salary is also dependent upon where in the State of Arizona you are practicing. For example, salaries in Phoenix will be higher than they are in Tucson or Prescott.
Overall, choosing the right community college program and taking the right steps in terms of education and lead you to a flourishing career as a surgical technician. As a surgical technician, you'll be able to aid doctors and nurses in the operating room and be an integral part of the hospital operations.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Arizona
|GateWay Community College||108 North 40th Street |
Phoenix , AZ – 85015
|Brown Mackie College||13430 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85029||brownmackie.edu|
|The Bryman School of Arizona||2250 W Peoria Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85029||anthem.edu|
|Brookline College||2445 W Dunlap Ave STE 100, Phoenix, AZ 8502||brooklinecollege.edu|
|East Valley Institute of Technology||1601 West Main Street|
Mesa , AZ – 85201
|Mohave Community College||1977 West Acoma Boulevard|
Lake Havasu City , AZ – 86403
|Pima Community College||401 N. Bonita|
Tucson , AZ – 85709-5500