Surgical Technician Schools in AtlantaIf you live in Atlanta and are serious about pursuing a career in the field of surgical technology, you should know that getting a great education must be an integral component of your game plan. To get started, you need to find schools that offer the type of detail-oriented programs, degrees, and training that will prepare you to excel within this field. To learn more about how to access a school that will offer you the type of informative classes that will prepare you for certification and a meaningful career, read the brief guide found below.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Atlanta
Your first step towards becoming a surgical technician is to obtain a great education. To do so, you'll need to locate several schools in Atlanta and subsequently decide which one will be most appropriate for you to attend. You can start this process by entering a keyphrase like "Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Atlanta" in the search engine. Once you do this, you'll be exposed to several SERPs that provide you with a list of schools in your area. Research each of these schools to determine which one is most comparable to your budget, career goals, and time constraints.
How to Get Certified in Atlanta
In order to work as a surgical technician in the city of Atlanta, you need to follow a certification process. The first step in the process will be to obtain an associate's degree. After you have completed this foundational step, move forward by becoming a certified respiratory therapist (CRT). To do so, complete the exam administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). The NBRC features an online practice exam that will provide you with a basic understanding of how to prepare for the actual test. Finally, you'll need to obtain state licensure. Make sure you look up the specific requirements for the state of Georgia. In some states, aspiring surgical technicians must obtain certification as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Atlanta
A surgical technician can expect to bring in $80,000 annually. However, it's important to note that there are a plethora of factors that can alter how much one earns in the city. For example, some employers may pay more or less, meaning that who you opt to work for can dramatically impact your annual income. Other factors that can affect annual income include your level of education and number of certifications.
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- Master of Health Informatics
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Atlanta
|Atlanta Technical College||1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW, Atlanta, GA 30310||atlantatech.edu|
|Everest College-Marietta - Marietta, GA||1600 Terrell Mill Road|
Marietta , GA - 30067
|Gwinnett Technical College - Lawrenceville, GA||5150 Sugarloaf Parkway |
Lawrenceville , GA - 30043