Surgical Technician Schools in CharlotteIf you are interested in a career in the medical field but are unsure about amassing debt from attending several years of school, you may want to considering becoming a surgical tech. This important member of the healthcare team assists surgeons during procedures. This role is generally well-paid, and growth in this field is projected to increase substantially over the next 10 years. Read on to learn what it takes to become a surgical technician.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in CharlotteTo be eligible for licensure, surgical technology schools must be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP). The organization maintains a searchable database of accredited programs by type of program and state. You can access it online at http://www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/.
How to Get Certified in CharlotteIn all states, surgical technicians must be licensed by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. To be eligible for certification, you must first graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited surgical technician program. The next step is to pass a certification exam. After you've passed the exam, you can apply for a license to practice as a surgical tech directly through the state of North Carolina.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in CharlotteOn a national level, surgical technicians make an average annual salary of $44,920, or $21.36 per hour according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In North Carolina, surgical technicians earn slightly less than the national average, averaging approximately $39,340-41,320 per year. Technicians in metropolitan areas such as Jacksonville tend to earn more than those in rural areas.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Charlotte
|Carolinas College of Health Sciences - Charlotte, NC||PO Box 32861|
1200 Blythe Boulevard
Charlotte , NC - 28232-2861
|Central Piedmont Community College - Charlotte, NC||PO Box 35009|
Charlotte , NC - 28235