Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ChicagoSurgical technologist schools are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). On the website for CAAHEP, you can search for accredited programs by profession and state at http://www.caahep.org/find-an-accredited-program/.
How to Get Certified in ChicagoSurgical technicians must be licensed in the state of Illinois. The first step to licensure is to graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited education program, either with a certificate or with an associate's degree. Next, you must past the certification test given by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). Upon receiving your scores, submit them to the Division of Professional Regulation
in the state of Illinois along with your transcripts to apply for a license. The fee for a license is $100 and it must be renewed every two years.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ChicagoThe national average salary for surgical techs is $44,420, or $21.36 per hour. In the state of Illinois, techs are paid a mean wage of $43,670, which is generally in line with the national average. In general, technicians are paid more in large metropolitan areas like Chicago. The average wage for surgical techs in the Chicago metro area is $46,460, higher than both the state and national averages.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Chicago
|Malcolm X College - Chicago, IL||1900 West Van Buren Street|
Chicago , IL - 60612
|Midwestern Career College||20 N. Wacker Dr., Suite 3800|
Chicago, IL 60606
|Prairie State College - Chicago Heights, IL||202 S. Halsted|
Chicago Heights , IL - 60411
|Robert Morris University - Chicago, IL||401 S. State Street|
Chicago , IL - 60605