Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ClevelandDeveloped in WWII, the work of surgical technicians is now a thriving field in healthcare. If you are looking to become a surgical technician in Cleveland, Ohio, you will need to find accredited schools there. The one accredited school within Cleveland is Cuyahoga Community College, which offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in Surgical Technology. It’s a four-semester program that provides surgery labs and clinical experience. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
How to Get Certified in ClevelandCAAHEP is one of two accrediting bodies that can approve surgical technology programs. Once a student has received a degree in an accredited program, they can apply for and take the Certified Surgical Technician (CST) exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). You can go to the NBSTSA website to download an application, take practice exams and discover other documentation you may need, depending on your background. If you have experience in surgical technology or have taken classes at a non-accredited program, they have recommendations about further schooling to help you prepare for the exam as well.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Cleveland
Ohio ranks fifth in employment levels for surgical technicians, but average salaries for surgical techs within the state are slightly less than the national average. The statewide average hourly wage was $19.96 as of 2012. Cayahoga Community College, the accredited surgical tech school in Cleveland, states that entry-level wages for surgical techs starting out in their area probably range between $15.50 and $18.00 per hour. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median hourly wage for all surgical technicians in the U.S. was $20.54 in their 2013 estimates.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Cleveland
|Cuyahoga Community College||2900 Community College Avenue |
Health Careers and Science 126-H
Cleveland , OH - 44115-3196
|Remington College||14445 Broadway Ave, Cleveland, OH 44125||