Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ColoradoCertification as a surgical technician is obtained through the NBSTSA, or The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. When a person receives the required education from an accredited school, they are then allowed to sit for the CST, or Certified Surgical Technician, test. There is also a certification test offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). For a surgical technician to keep their certification valid, they must either retake the exam every four years or achieve 60 credits of continuing education over a four-year period. Although Colorado does not require certification, many employers prefer to hire those who have obtained it.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ColoradoIn Colorado, the salary for a surgical technician can vary, depending upon the amount of education an individual has, the location they choose to work and the length of their experience, among other factors. The lower range of salary runs from $30,707 to $45,656, with a median salary of $37,719. The middle range runs from $32,030 to $47,623, with a median salary of $39,345. The highest range of salary falls between $34,821 and $51,773, with a median salary of $42,773. As an individual gains experience in the field, they can expect to see an increase in their yearly earnings.
How to Get Certified in ColoradoThose who are entering the field of surgical therapy have to receive training through an accredited program, as well successfully earn a diploma, certificate or associate of science degree in surgical technology. These programs will offer hands-on experience through clinical practice, along with instruction in surgical practices and infection prevention. Educational courses in the program include microbiology, pharmacology, anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and general courses in science.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Colorado
|Aims Community College - Greeley, CO||5401 W. 20th Street|
P.O. Box 69
Greeley , CO - 80632
|Colorado Technical University-Denver North - Westminster, CO||1865 W. 121st Ave.|
Westminster , CO - 80234
|ConCorde Career College-Aurora - Aurora, CO||111 N. Havana St.|
Aurora , CO - 80010
|Everest College-Denver - Denver, CO||9065 Grant Street|
Thornton , CO - 80229