Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in ColoradoCertification as a surgical technician is obtained through the NBSTSA, or The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. When a person receives the required education from an accredited school, they are then allowed to sit for the CST, or Certified Surgical Technician, test. There is also a certification test offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). For a surgical technician to keep their certification valid, they must either retake the exam every four years or achieve 60 credits of continuing education over a four-year period. Although Colorado does not require certification, many employers prefer to hire those who have obtained it.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in ColoradoIn Colorado, the salary for a surgical technician can vary, depending upon the amount of education an individual has, the location they choose to work and the length of their experience, among other factors. The lower range of salary runs from $30,707 to $45,656, with a median salary of $37,719. The middle range runs from $32,030 to $47,623, with a median salary of $39,345. The highest range of salary falls between $34,821 and $51,773, with a median salary of $42,773. As an individual gains experience in the field, they can expect to see an increase in their yearly earnings.
How to Get Certified in ColoradoThose who are entering the field of surgical therapy have to receive training through an accredited program, as well successfully earn a diploma, certificate or associate of science degree in surgical technology. These programs will offer hands-on experience through clinical practice, along with instruction in surgical practices and infection prevention. Educational courses in the program include microbiology, pharmacology, anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and general courses in science.
Matching School Ads
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Master of Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Colorado
|Aims Community College - Greeley, CO||5401 W. 20th Street|
P.O. Box 69
Greeley , CO - 80632
|Colorado Technical University-Denver North - Westminster, CO||1865 W. 121st Ave.|
Westminster , CO - 80234
|ConCorde Career College-Aurora - Aurora, CO||111 N. Havana St.|
Aurora , CO - 80010
|Everest College-Denver - Denver, CO||9065 Grant Street|
Thornton , CO - 80229