Surgical Technician Schools in DallasIndividuals who would like to assist surgeons as they perform medical procedures can be part of a demanding yet challenging career. Below you will find everything you need to know to become a surgical technologist or technician in Dallas, TX.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Dallas
To have a career as a surgical technician in Dallas, you must complete an accredited surgical technology program. The program may take from nine months to two years to complete depending on if they offer certificates or degrees. Students in this program complete lab and medical classes while also completing practical education.
The practical experience takes place working in an operating room under the supervision of surgeons and certified surgical technologists. Most programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
How to Get Certified in Dallas
The Texas Surgical Technology Law mandates that in addition to completing an approved training the program, the technician must be either NBSTSA-certified or NCCT-certified. To obtain this goal, the individual must pass a computer-based certification exam through either the National Center for Competency Testing or the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
To maintain certification, the tech must earn continuing education credits. Upon completing the appropriate classes and certification, the individual may work as a surgery tech or a first assistant.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Dallas
Although surgical technicians wages in Dallas are below the national average for a lot of the state, this is not the case in Dallas, where the wages are above the national average. As of a October 2014 report by Salary.com, the average yearly salary for surgery technicians was $41,850. Techs in the lowest percent earned about 34,067 and those in the top percent earned $60,653.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Dallas
|Anthem College||4250 N Belt Line Rd, Irving, TX 75038||http://anthem.edu/locations/|
|Concorde Career College||12606 Greenville Ave #130, Dallas, TX 75243||concorde.edu|
|El Centro College||801 Main St, Dallas, TX 75202||elcentrocollege.edu|
|Fortis Institute||401 Palace Pkwy #100, Grand Prairie, TX 75050||https://www.fortis.edu|
|Sanford-Brown College||1250 W Mockingbird Ln #150, Dallas, TX 75247||http://www.sanfordbrown.edu/Dallas|