Surgical Technician Schools in DallasIndividuals who would like to assist surgeons as they perform medical procedures can be part of a demanding yet challenging career. Below you will find everything you need to know to become a surgical technologist or technician in Dallas, TX.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Dallas
To have a career as a surgical technician in Dallas, you must complete an accredited surgical technology program. The program may take from nine months to two years to complete depending on if they offer certificates or degrees. Students in this program complete lab and medical classes while also completing practical education.
The practical experience takes place working in an operating room under the supervision of surgeons and certified surgical technologists. Most programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
How to Get Certified in Dallas
The Texas Surgical Technology Law mandates that in addition to completing an approved training the program, the technician must be either NBSTSA-certified or NCCT-certified. To obtain this goal, the individual must pass a computer-based certification exam through either the National Center for Competency Testing or the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
To maintain certification, the tech must earn continuing education credits. Upon completing the appropriate classes and certification, the individual may work as a surgery tech or a first assistant.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Dallas
Although surgical technicians wages in Dallas are below the national average for a lot of the state, this is not the case in Dallas, where the wages are above the national average. As of a October 2014 report by Salary.com, the average yearly salary for surgery technicians was $41,850. Techs in the lowest percent earned about 34,067 and those in the top percent earned $60,653.
Matching School Ads
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Dallas
|Anthem College||4250 N Belt Line Rd, Irving, TX 75038||http://anthem.edu/locations/|
|Concorde Career College||12606 Greenville Ave #130, Dallas, TX 75243||concorde.edu|
|El Centro College||801 Main St, Dallas, TX 75202||elcentrocollege.edu|
|Fortis Institute||401 Palace Pkwy #100, Grand Prairie, TX 75050||https://www.fortis.edu|
|Sanford-Brown College||1250 W Mockingbird Ln #150, Dallas, TX 75247||http://www.sanfordbrown.edu/Dallas|