Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in IowaThere are several excellent surgical technology schools in Iowa depending on where you live in the state. If you live near the western edge of the state, Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs would be the perfect match. If you are closer to the Eastern edge of the state, Eastern Iowa Community College in Davenport also offers excellent accredited surgical technology classes. For students living in the middle of Iowa, Mercy College of Health Science in Des Moines should be at the top of the list.
How to Get Certified in IowaSurgical Technician are part of the surgical team in a hospital or clinic and assist the surgeon and nurses with surgical instruments and procedures. Students must have a high school diploma or GED and scores of C or better in Biology and Math. Most programs are three semesters and include clinical, lab, and classroom instruction. Once a certificate is earned, the student can look for positions in various hospitals and out-patient surgical clinics.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in IowaAverage salaries for surgical technicians in the state of Iowa average about $37,000. A technician who has just finished training will probably make a little less until he has gained more practical experience. A surgical tech who specializes in cardiac or labor and delivery surgery will make a little more than average. According to the job outlook indicators, the surgical technician career will continue to grow over the next several years.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Medical Assistant
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College-Urban/Des Moines Campus - Des Moines, IA||1100 7th Street|
Building 2 Room 102
Des Moines , IA - 50314
|Iowa Lakes Community College - Spencer, IA||1900 North Grand Avenue |
Spencer , IA - 51301
|Iowa Western Community College - Council Bluffs, IA||2700 College Road Box 4 C|
Council Bluffs , IA - 51502
|Kirkwood Community College - Cedar Rapids, IA||6301 Kirkwood Boulevard Southwest |
PO BOX 2068
Cedar Rapids , IA - 52406
|Mercy College of Health Sciences - Des Moines, IA||928 6th Avenue |
Des Moines , IA - 50309-1239
|Scott Community College - Bettendorf, IA||500 Belmont Rd|
Bettendorf , IA - 52722
|Western Iowa Tech Community College - Sioux City, IA||4647 Stone Avenue |
Sioux City , IA - 51106-5199