Surgical Technician Schools in JacksonvilleAre you interested in becoming a surgical technician? These professionals help surgeons prepare for and conduct surgical procedures and operations. To become a certified surgical technician, about two years of education is required. A career in surgical technology is an excellent way to get involved in the medical field without the expense of a four-year undergraduate or more lengthy graduate program. Read on to learn more about how to get involved in this fast-paced medical role.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in JacksonvilleYou must complete a surgical technology school that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP) in order to be eligible for licensure to practice within the profession. Find a searchable database of accredited programs online at http://www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/.
How to Get Certified in JacksonvilleSurgical technicians must be licensed by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, which involves taking a certification exam. Upon completing this step, you may apply for a license to practice directly through the Florida State Assembly of the Association of Surgical Technicians. Learn more about this process on their official website at http://www.floridasurgicaltechs.org/webpage/id/5.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in JacksonvilleAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, surgical technicians make an average annual salary of $44,920, or $21.36 per hour. In Florida, surgical technicians earn slightly less than the national average, averaging approximately $39,340-41,320 per year. Technicians in metropolitan areas such as Jacksonville tend to earn more than those in rural areas.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technology
Locations: Orange Park
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Jacksonville
|Concorde Career Institute-Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FL||7259 Salisbury Road|
Jacksonville , FL - 32256
|Florida State College at Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FL||4501 Capper Road |
Jacksonville , FL - 32218-
|Virginia College-Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FL||5940 Beach Blvd|
Jacksonville , FL - 32207