Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in KansasThe most prestigious and reliable surgical technology programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Many employers will only consider graduates of these accredited programs, so it's important to ensure that the school carries the appropriate accreditation. Prospective students can easily find a list of Kansas' accredited surgical technology programs by searching the convenient databases on the CAAHEP and ABHES websites.
How to Get Certified in KansasKansas does not require surgical technicians to be certified, but most hospitals and other employers only hire certified surgical technologists, or CSTs. Students can achieve the CST credential by completing classes at an accredited school and passing the test administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NBSTSA.
In some cases, those already working in the field or the military, or who have a different educational background may be allowed to achieve a Tech in Surgery-Certified credential. The Tech in Surgery-Certified designation is administered through the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in KansasWhile the median national salary for a surgical technician is $41,790, Kansas surgical techs earn a slightly lower wage at $40,170, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Those working in the non-metropolitan areas of Kansas earn the least, with mean annual salaries of $36,080. Wichita surgical tech mean salaries of $39,030 are a bit closer to the national median. Topeka's surgical technologist salaries are the highest in the region at $40,400.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Kansas
|Hutchinson Community College - Hutchinson, KS||1300 North Plum Street|
Hutchinson , KS - 67501
|Neosho County Community College - Ottawa, KS||900 East Logan|
Ottawa , KS - 66067
|Seward County Community College - Liberal, KS||1801 N. Kansas|
PO Box 1137
Liberal , KS - 67901
|Washburn Institute of Technology - Topeka, KS||5728 Huntoon St. |
Topeka , KS - 66604
|Wichita Area Technical College - Wichita, KS||Southside Education Center|
4501 E 47th Street S
Wichita , KS - 67210