Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in KentuckyMost Kentucky surgical technician training programs are two-year programs that let students graduate with an Associate of Allied Health degree. During their studies, they must complete at least one clinical rotation, which lets them see what it's like working with patients. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers an examination that students must also take prior to working in the field. They must schedule an appointment to take the examination at a testing center in this area and take the test on a computer in that center. Those who pass receive a certificate. Those who fail have the chance to retake the test at a later date.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in KentuckyThe median wage reported by those working as surgical technicians in Kentucky is around $40,000 a year. The lowest 10 percent of those working in the field make just over $32,000 a year, but the highest 10 percent make more than $48,000 a year. Some medical offices also pay technicians a bonus rate that can equal a few thousand dollars extra a year for performing well on the job. As with most medical jobs, surgical technicians also receive paid days off for vacation and sick leave and health insurance.
Matching School Ads
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Master of Health Informatics
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- B.S. in Health Information Management
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Kentucky
|Ashland Community and Technical College - Ashland, KY||1400 College Drive|
Ashland , KY - 41101
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College - Lexington, KY||164 Opportunity Way|
Lexington , KY - 40511
|Brown Mackie College-Louisville - Louisville, KY||3605 Fern Valley Road|
Louisville , KY - 40219
|Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky - Fort Mitchell, KY||309 Buttermilk Pike|
Fort Mitchell , KY - 41017
|Hazard Community and Technical College - Hazard, KY||One Community College Drive|
Hazard , KY - 41701
|Jefferson Community and Technical College - Louisville, KY||109 E. Broadway |
Louisville , KY - 40202
|Madisonville Community College - Madisonville, KY||750 North Laffoon Street|
Madisonville , KY - 42431
|National College-Florence - Florence, KY||8095 Connector Drive|
Florence , KY - 41042
|National College-Lexington - Lexington, KY||2376 Sir Barton Way|
Lexington , KY - 40509
|National College-Louisville - Louisville, KY||4205 Dixie Highway|
Louisville , KY - 40216
|Owensboro Community and Technical College - Owensboro, KY||4800 New Hartford Road |
Owensboro , KY - 42303
|Somerset Community College - Somerset, KY||808 Monticello Street|
Somerset , KY - 42501
|Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College - Bowling Green, KY||1845 Loop Drive |
Bowling Green , KY - 42101-3601
|Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College - Pineville, KY||10350 US Highway 25E|
Pineville , KY - 40977
|Spencerian College - Louisville - Louisville, KY||4627 Dixie Highway |
Louisville , KY - 40216
|St Catharine College - St Catharine, KY||2735 Bardstown Road|
St. Catharine , KY - 40061
|West Kentucky Community and Technical College - Paducah, KY||4810 Alben Barkley Drive|
Paducah , KY - 42002