Surgical Technician Schools in Las VegasSurgical technologists assist in surgical operations by preparing operating rooms, arranging equipment, and helping doctors during surgeries. Surgical technologists can also be referred to as operating technicians. They work as members of a healthcare team alongside physicians and surgeons, registered nurses, and other healthcare workers.
Before a surgery, surgical technologists prepare the operating room by sterilizing and setting up surgical instruments and equipment. They prepare patients for surgery by washing and disinfecting incision sites, positioning and draping patients, and transporting patients to and from the operating room. During an operation, they pass instruments and supplies to surgeons. When the surgery is complete, surgical technologists may apply bandages to the patient, transfer them out of the operating room, and restock the operating room for the next procedure.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Las Vegas
Surgical technologists typically need a post secondary certificate or an associate's degree. Surgical technology programs usually include classes in anatomy, biology, medical terminology, and pharmacology. Additional classes include the care and safety of patients, sterilization techniques, preventing and controlling infection, and the set up of technical equipment.
The following schools offer accredited surgical technology programs in the state of Nevada: College of Southern Nevada and Nevada Career Institute.
How to Get Certified in Las Vegas
A surgical technologist may earn certification through two organizations. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers a Certified Surgical Technician (CST) certification once an applicant completes an accredited program, passes an exam, and pays a fee. The National Center for Competency Testing offers a Tech in Surgery – Certified (NCCT) certification. There are several ways to obtain this certification such as a formal education, military training, or work experience. The applicant must also pass an exam and pay a fee. Both certifications require surgical technologists to complete continuing education to maintain the certification.
The state of Nevada does not currently require surgical technologists to become licensed.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Las VegasThe Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an annual mean wage for surgical technologists in Nevada of $54, 590 and an hourly mean wage of $26.25. The Las Vegas area employs the greatest density of surgical technologists in the state and reports an annual mean wage of $56,750.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Nevada School of Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Las Vegas
|College of Southern Nevada||6375 W.Charleston Blvd.|
Las Vegas , NV - 89146
|Nevada Career Institute||3231 N Decatur Blvd|
Las Vegas , NV - 89130