Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in Los AngelesTo work as a surgical technologist in Los Angeles, you’ll want to complete a surgical technology program that’s accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Accreditation is vital to be able to become certified and work as a surgical tech in Los Angeles. Surgical technology programs may be 1- or 2-year programs depending on if they offer certificates or degrees. They include surgical tech classes and clinical education.
How to Get Certified in Los AngelesAlthough surgical technicians are not required to be licensed in California, they cannot use the title of “Certified Surgical Technician” or CST unless they have completed a formal training program in surgical technology and have obtained national certification. Candidates can be certified by passing a certification exam through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). The National Center for Competency Testing also offers the credential of Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) to eligible candidates.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Los AngelesSurgical technicians and technologists working in Los Angeles earned an average annual wage of $45,568 as of September 2014, according to Salary.com. Surgical techs in the lowest ten percent earned $37,095 and those in the top ninety percent earned $55,155. Surgical techs with experience and multiple certifications may experience higher earnings. Place of employment can also factor into earning potential. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the highest wages for surgical techs are earned in California.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Los Angeles
|American Career College||4021 Rosewood Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90004||http://americancareercollege.edu/|
|CBD College||3699 Wilshire Blvd, 4th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90010||http://www.cbd.edu/|
|American College of Healthcare||6606 Pacific Blvd #204, Huntington Park, CA 90255||http://www.ach.edu/|
|Glendale Career College||240 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91203||http://www.glendalecareer.com/|
|Trinity Vocational Center||1149 W 190th St #2000, Gardena, CA 90248||http://tshas.edu/|