Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in MississippiAnyone interested in going to a surgical tech school in Mississippi must have a high school diploma or GED. There are some programs that require a specific score on an entrance examination. Schooling can take anywhere from nine months to two years.
How to Get Certified in MississippiAfter getting an Associate’s degree in surgical technology from a school accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educated Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a student can qualify for national certification. Many hospitals hire only certified surgical techs. There are two types of certification:
1. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting offers the Certified Surgical Technician examination
2. The National Center for Competency Testing offers a certification for Tech in Surgery – Certified
The CST certification must be renewed every four years, and the TS-C every five years. The renewal can be gotten by re-examination or continuing education.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in MississippiAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the starting salary for a surgical tech is about $24,000.
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Mississippi:
1. Average annual salary: $32,340
2. Employment outlook: 25 percent
3. Jackson and Gulfport have the highest median salaries
4. Hattiesburg and Gulfport have the highest percentage of jobs
5. Pascagoula and Jackson have the lowest percentage of jobs
6. Jackson and Gulfport have the highest absolute number of jobs
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma Patient Care Technician
- Diploma in Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope)
- AS in Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Mississippi
|East Central Community College - Decatur, MS||275 West Broad Street |
Decatur , MS - 39327
|Hinds Community College- Jackson - Jackson, MS||1750 Chadwick Drive|
Jackson , MS - 39204
|Holmes Community College - Ridgeland, MS||1060 Avent Drive |
Grenada , MS - 38901
|Itawamba Community College - Tupelo, MS||2176 S. Eason Blvd|
Tupelo , MS - 38804
|Meridian Community College - Meridian, MS||910 HWY 19th North |
Meridian , MS - 39307
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - Gulfport, MS||2226 Switzer Road |
Gulfport , MS - 39507
|Pearl River Community College - Hattiesburg, MS||5448 US Highway 49 South |
Hattiesburg , MS - 39401
|Virginia College-Biloxi - Biloxi, MS||920 Cedar Lake Road|
Biloxi , MS - 39532
|Virginia College-Jackson - Jackson, MS||5841 Ridgewood Rd.|
Jackson , MS - 39211