Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in NevadaThose looking to work as a certified surgical technologist, or CST, must attend a program accredited by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NBSTSA. Prospective students can find accredited surgical technology schools by checking the NBSTSA's partners in accreditation: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Nevada students can find more information about the certification process by visiting the Nevada State Assembly of the Association of Surgical Technicians online. Students in Nevada may choose programs in a private college setting or take surgical technology classes at a public college. Privately operated Nevada Career Institute is one of only two Nevada programs to carry the necessary CAAHEP accreditation. Nevada's College of Southern Nevada is the only accredited public surgical technology program in Nevada. Students there will earn an associate's degree in applied science through the course of their surgical technology study and qualify to take the CST exam.
How to Get Certified in NevadaTechnically, surgical technicians do not need to be certified in order to work in Nevada health care settings, but most state employers require the certification. The most common and respected credential is the Certified Surgical Technician, CST, designation from the NBSTSA. To qualify as a CST, candidates must complete their training at approved schools and pass the national certification exam administered by NBSTSA.
Students may also consider pursuing a less common Tech in Surgery-Certified credential from the National Center for Competency Testing. Training and certification as a surgical first assistant is also provided at some schools.
Salaries for Surgical Technician in NevadaThe median salary for a surgical technologist in the U.S. was $41,790 in 2012. Nevada surgical technologists fare fare better, earning annual mean salaries of $54,590, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state's top 10 percent of surgical technicians earn more than $74,000 a year.
Matching School Ads
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- Master of Health Informatics
Successful careers begin at the Milan Institute. We offer quality hands-on training, experienced faculty and a staff committed to helping you realize your goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Nevada
|College of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas, NV||6375 W.Charleston Blvd.|
Las Vegas , NV - 89146
|Nevada Career Institute - Las Vegas, NV||3231 N Decatur Blvd|
Las Vegas , NV - 89130