Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in New JerseyThere are specific requirements for surgical experts working in healthcare facilities. To work in this area, the surgical analyst must complete a surgical science training program that’s nationally or regionally accredited. There are about six schools that offer CAAHEP-accredited surgical analyst programs. These schools offer certificates, diplomas or degrees in the field of surgery. Students complete surgical analyst courses, lecture classes and must complete clinical rotations working in surgical areas.
How to Get Certified in New JerseyIn addition to completing an accredited program, surgical enthusiasts must have certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or another nationally recognized certifying organization such as the National Center for Competency Testing. To obtain certification, the individual must pass a certification examination.
Students must complete a designated number of surgical cases to be eligible to graduate and sit for the certification exam. Analysts passing the exam earn the Certified Surgical Technician (CST) or the Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) credentials, depending on the certifying organization. The state also requires that surgical analysts complete 15 hours of continuing education annually.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in New JerseySurgical experts earned a mean annual wage of $45,590 as of May 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Surgical experts experience a wide range of salaries, depending on the city. Salary.com reports that the average annual wage for surgical enthusiasts in Atlantic City was $44,214 as of February, 2014, with the lowest 10% earning $36,297 and top 90% earning $53,246.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
- Surgical Technology
Medical Career Institute in Ocean, NJ is your one-stop-shop for medical career training in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Medical Career Institute is approved by the United States Department of Education and the New Jersey Departments of Education and Labor and Workforce Development. Offering both morning and evening classes in addition to financial aid assistance to those who qualify. The school is accredited by ABHES and CAAHEP, ensuring the quality and level of education meets the highest standards.
- Surgical Technology
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in New Jersey
|Atlantic Cape Community College - Mays Landing, NJ||1535 Bacharach Boulevard|
Atlantic City , NJ - 08401
|Bergen Community College - Paramus, NJ||400 Paramus Road |
Paramus , NJ - 07652-
|Berkeley College - Clifton, NJ||600 Getty Avenue|
Clifton , NJ - 07011
|Eastwick College - Ramsey, NJ||10 South Franklin Turnpike|
Ramsey , NJ - 07446
|Sanford Brown Institute-Iselin - Iselin, NJ||675 US Route 1 South |
Iselin , NJ - 08830-
|Sussex County Community College - Newton, NJ||One College Hill Road |
Newton , NJ - 07860-