Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in OregonAttending surgical technology classes at nationally accredited schools is the best way to qualify for these ever-increasing job opportunities. Two organizations oversee the accreditation of qualified surgical technology programs: the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, or CAAHEP, and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Both organization's websites offer easy-to-use search options to find accredited programs in Oregon. Oregon students can choose between two schools with accredited surgical technology programs. Mount Hood Community College in Gresham is the only public accredited college program and offers associate's degrees to qualified surgical tech program participants. Portland's Concorde Career College is the state's only private college to present a nationally accredited surgical technology training program.
How to Get Certified in OregonOregon does not require surgical technologists to hold specific credentials in order to work in its hospitals, surgery centers or physician offices. However, many employers require that their surgical technologists hold a Certified Surgical Technician, or CST, credential. Students may earn the CST certification after completing a program accredited by the CAAHEP or ABHEST and passing a national exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technicians and Surgical Assisting. Those already working in the field in military and civilian settings who do not wish to complete an accredited program may consider pursuing a Tech in Surgery-Certified credential. Eligibility is limited to certain education/career paths and requires that applicants pass an exam administered by the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in OregonNational salaries for surgical technicians is strong, but most Oregon professionals earn better-than-average wages. The U.S. median annual wage for surgical techs in 2013 was $42,720. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the mean salary in Oregon was higher at $47,430. There are a few regional differences in salaries as well. Those working in the Eugene/Springfield area fare even better than the statewide mean, with salaries at $48,080. The highest paid surgical technologists in Oregon work in the Portland area, where they earn mean salaries of $49,490.
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assistant
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- B.S. in Health Information Management
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Oregon
|Concorde Career College-Portland - Portland, OR||1425 N.E. Irving Street|
Portland , OR - 97232
|Mt Hood Community College - Gresham, OR||26000 SE Stark Street |
Gresham , OR - 97030