Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in PhiladelphiaThe best schools with a surgical technology program in Philadelphia have accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Better known by its abbreviation of CAAHEP, it is responsible for ensuring that those programs have high completion and graduation rates and that the programs offer the training and education that students need before working as surgical techs. Those technicians keep track of the vital statistics of patients and offer assistance when the doctor or nurse needs. Philadelphia is home to several programs that offer this level of education.
How to Get Certified in PhiladelphiaThe National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting administers the examination required of surgical technicians. Those applying to take the test must fill out an application form and show proof that they attended an accredited college program. The NBSTSA requires that applicants also show a copy of their transcripts that lists all the classes they took and their grades. Applicants will also need to submit a notarized letter from the director of the program they attended. Only after sending in those documents and paying the associated fee can applicants take the test. Passing the test gives them certification in Philadelphia.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in PhiladelphiaStudents often want to know more about how much they can make when working in the field. Those living in Philadelphia and working as surgical techs earn a median salary of $43,751 a year. The median wage reported among the highest earners in the field is $52,957, and the bottom 10 percent of all Philadelphia techs make $35,616 a year. The bottom 10 percent of earners are usually recent graduates.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Philadelphia
|Star Career Academy||9173 Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19114||starcareer.edu|
|Lincoln Technical Institute||3600 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104||http://www.lincolntech.edu/|