Surgical Technician Schools in PhoenixSurgical technicians are health professionals who assist surgeons during operations and procedures. These professionals typically have a certificate or associate's degree. Read on to learn more about how to get involved in this lucrative and exciting career.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in PhoenixSurgical technology schools must be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP). The organization maintains a searchable database of accredited programs by type of program and state. You can access it online at http://www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/.
How to Get Certified in PhoenixIn all states, surgical technicians must be licensed by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. To be eligible for certification, you must first graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited surgical technician program. The next step is to pass a certification exam. Upon completing this step, you may apply for a license to practice directly through the state.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in PhoenixOn a national level, surgical technicians make an average annual salary of $44,920, or $21.36 per hour according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In Arizona, surgical techs generally earn a salary of around $42,000 to $47,500 per year, in line with or higher than the national average in most cases. The Phoenix-Metro-Glendale metropolitan area specifically pays an average of $46,800 per year for technicians, well above the national average for this role.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Phoenix
|GateWay Community College||108 North 40th Street |
Phoenix , AZ – 85015
|Brown Mackie College||13430 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85029||brownmackie.edu|
|The Bryman School of Arizona||2250 W Peoria Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85029||anthem.edu|
|Brookline College||2445 W Dunlap Ave STE 100, Phoenix, AZ 8502||brooklinecollege.edu|
|East Valley Institute of Technology||1601 West Main Street|
Mesa , AZ – 85201
|Mohave Community College||1977 West Acoma Boulevard|
Lake Havasu City , AZ – 86403
|Pima Community College||401 N. Bonita|
Tucson , AZ – 85709-5500