Surgical Technician Schools in PhoenixSurgical technicians are health professionals who assist surgeons during operations and procedures. These professionals typically have a certificate or associate's degree. Read on to learn more about how to get involved in this lucrative and exciting career.
Find Accredited Surgical Technician Schools in PhoenixSurgical technology schools must be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP). The organization maintains a searchable database of accredited programs by type of program and state. You can access it online at http://www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/.
How to Get Certified in PhoenixIn all states, surgical technicians must be licensed by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. To be eligible for certification, you must first graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited surgical technician program. The next step is to pass a certification exam. Upon completing this step, you may apply for a license to practice directly through the state.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in PhoenixOn a national level, surgical technicians make an average annual salary of $44,920, or $21.36 per hour according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In Arizona, surgical techs generally earn a salary of around $42,000 to $47,500 per year, in line with or higher than the national average in most cases. The Phoenix-Metro-Glendale metropolitan area specifically pays an average of $46,800 per year for technicians, well above the national average for this role.
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Surgical Technology
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- B.S. in Health Information Management
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Phoenix
|GateWay Community College||108 North 40th Street |
Phoenix , AZ – 85015
|Brown Mackie College||13430 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85029||brownmackie.edu|
|The Bryman School of Arizona||2250 W Peoria Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85029||anthem.edu|
|Brookline College||2445 W Dunlap Ave STE 100, Phoenix, AZ 8502||brooklinecollege.edu|
|East Valley Institute of Technology||1601 West Main Street|
Mesa , AZ – 85201
|Mohave Community College||1977 West Acoma Boulevard|
Lake Havasu City , AZ – 86403
|Pima Community College||401 N. Bonita|
Tucson , AZ – 85709-5500