Find Surgical Technician Schools in Rhode IslandRhode Island is one of several states that requires its surgical techs to have certification before working in the medical field. Obtaining that certification requires that you have a college degree in hand first. Your training will include both classroom work and practical work. Practical work, also known as clinical rotations, occurs after you gain some valuable knowledge in the classroom. You'll receive an assignment with a hospital or an office during, and you'll work there for a set period of time each week. Students usually need to pay for the appropriate uniforms and shoes to wear during those clinical experiences. The National Board on Certification for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting will only let you take the certification exam after completing your degree program.
Salaries for Surgical Technicians in Rhode IslandThe beginning salary for surgical techs who recently completed a degree program is just $10 an hour, but some new graduates can make up to $35,000 a year. The median salary that you can expect to make after working in the state for several years is around $43,000 a year. There is a chance that you can make $50,000 or more per year while working as a surgical tech.
How to Get Certified in Rhode IslandThe only Rhode Island school that offers a surgical technology program is the New England Institute of Technology. Its location in East Greenwich makes it a popular choice for students interested in medical training programs and for those living in nearby towns. Students have the option of completing a degree in two years or finishing a certificate program in just nine months. The best program for you depends on where you hope to work and how much you hope to make after graduating.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Cardiographic Technology
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Surgical Technician Campuses in Rhode Island
|New England Institute of Technology - East Greenwich, RI||One New England Tech Blvd.|
East Greenwich , RI - 02818